One Radion brighter than the other

Frootstick

Hey guys

I have 2 Radion XR30w pro gen 3 on my tank.
Ive noticed that one sides lights are brighter than the other. They run the same programme. You notice it most when the tank dims down to moon lights. One side it heaps brighter than the other.
Ive reset both lights, and then then the brighter side swapped???
I have no idea why, but its really frustrating!
Any ideas

I think it has to do with the led batches as to when the specific batches were made i had two reef radiance dm165e's that were supposed to have the exact same blue leds but one light was a little more to the purple side than the other

I just got my Radions, so I'm a noob. However, I noticed a calibration button in the software and assumed that's what it is for. Have you looked into that?

Yeah I have looked into that. Didn't achieve anything. Tried factory resets on both also. It's strange that it was one that was brighter, now it's the other after a reset.
They were fine!

One Radion brighter than the other

I had similar problem and one of my biggest complaints with it when I had them. I had one side that looked like a completely different color even than the other. I never could get them to sort it out even after replacement. Was sent they still didn't match. Sorry I can't answer your question but you aren't alone in having fixture matching problems. I solved it by selling them and going T5

I have the same problem with gen 2's. Only noticeable when on moonlight. One looks teal and the other ones are more blue. Tried recalibrating and called echotech. They went through a bunch of stuff on my computer and in the end sent me a new light. The new one does the same thing. Wondering if it could be something with the apex?

I'm having the problem with ecosmart live. And yes definitely only really noticeable when blues are on at night and moonlights.
Last night one light shut off about 10 minutes before the other one, running the exact same programs as they are linked together.
I have the 2 xr30 on my big tank and a xr15 on my small tank. All set to the same programme and times. All go off at different times within the space of 20 minutes???
Weird!
The lights being different is really annoying for my OCD haha

Yeah for the price of those fixtures, having those kinds of problems is BS if you ask me. I got tired of it and went a different direction. I still have Ecotech products and really like where the company is trying to be with their products I just wish they were a little bit more bug free. Right now my Reeflink has major connection issues. That thing is only connected to ESL about 50% of the time and it's hooked up with a wired connection?!?! Blows my mind that it can lose a connection without even being wireless. So all of their features are cool but when you can only use them half of the time you want them then what's the point.

Mine did the weird one teal one blue thing if I had traveling sunrise/set on. Both were always just slightly a different color

So guys, still having this problem. Calibrating these things are so unclear in the instructions.
Do I click yes until the lights start to dim or completely turn off.
When do I click no and go to the next colour? It's all unclear in the instructions and from what I have read. A lot of people are having the same problems.
Cheers

Calibration really should fix the problem. You need to do each light separately, color channel by color channel. Do it with in the dark if possible (or as dark as possible) so you can see any light emission and give the lights a second after each step in brightness (increase/decrease) for each color because the response is not necessarily instant. If the lights still look different after a careful calibration, it may be an issue with one/both of the lights. You can try posting in the Ecotech forum or calling their tech support. I've had to call a couple of times on things and they've always been very helpful. Good luck.

Matt

I'm in Australia so the calling hours are not very friendly.

But when do I stop the calibrations or the certain colour? When the lights go out?

Back