one year tank pics

57vert

FTS

aug08103.jpg

Left side

aug08139.jpg

Right side

aug08140.jpg

Very nice ,c'mon you can't post pi cs without posting equipment .Thats almost important as the livestock.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13180449#post13180449 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by paveking1
Very nice ,c'mon you can't post pi cs without posting equipment .Thats almost important as the livestock.

Nothing very sexy, I keep it simple.

Hang on the back carbon filter running 24/7, change carbon 1X/month

2 power heads

coralife skimmer (rated at 65 gal. on my 75 gal.)

phosban reactor running both nitrate sponge and GFO.

Umm, heater?

Really, like to keep it simple.

Dose Tropic Marine powder CA/alk additive.

With all the automatic gadgets, I've heard to many horror stories about accidents (interpretation= I'm jealous and can't afford 'em). Ya I spend more time on maintaining it, but the way I look at it is more quality time with my tank.:D

Do you mind taking a picture of the sump I am building a 75 and my first sump. I agree with keeping it simple. I have a 20 gallon with the same skimmer and three hydor #1 pumps. A Fuge made out of a HOB filter thats it. T5 lighting...

What kind of lighting do you have on it?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13180894#post13180894 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by TomNeely
Do you mind taking a picture of the sump I am building a 75 and my first sump. I agree with keeping it simple. I have a 20 gallon with the same skimmer and three hydor #1 pumps. A Fuge made out of a HOB filter thats it. T5 lighting...

What kind of lighting do you have on it?

Oh ya, forgot about the lighting.

It's an Aquatinics TX5 with:
1 Sylvania 6500
2 Giesemann 15000
2 Aqua Oceanpro 20000

I think it kicks buttocks. My growth and color have been great.
BTW, except for the 2 colonies front and center on the sand, all my sps were started from your basic 1"-2" frags.

My sump is pretty basic: it has 2 compartments. The first where the water is returned has live rock and chaeto in it. I run reverse timed lighting on the chaeto to help keep ph stable. From there it goes into the second chamber that has the heater, phosban reactor, skimmer, and return pump.

I thought it was better to have the Fuge area after the skimmer so all the pods could go into the tank?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13181392#post13181392 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by TomNeely
I thought it was better to have the Fuge area after the skimmer so all the pods could go into the tank?

Umm, that's very possible. But I think plenty of the pods get into the second chamber.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13182891#post13182891 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by nicklepickle
Looking good!!! I like the way the birdnest grows.
+1, your getting wicked growth!

Back