Online fish store

smarcuscofer

Looking for a reliable fish store online I live over an hour in any direction away from am lfs wondering if any one has suggestions for off... Would like to hear feedback on live aquaria, and blue zoo, and vivid aquarium... etc... Any feedback is appreciated

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I am in the same boat with being an hour from my LFS. I've been reading a lot of forums lately and everyone is saying that most of the LFS as well as the online stores are suffering from planes being grounded. So the inventory is way down, and the ones that do have it are $$$ .
Not sure that helps with your question, but I figured someone would say what I did above at some point.

Most larger online operations are running - I received a Live Aquaria fish/invert/coral shipment today

I have ordered most of my fish from LiveAquaria for years. I find them very reputable, and any problems, which rarely has happened, they have taken care of it.

I always try and support my local fish store before I order any fish online. I understand that can be hard if one is not close to you

Summer is a good time to order. They ship with cold or heat packs according to season, but when you reach deep winter, or even the stage when shipper and receiver may be in wholly different weather patterns, shipping gets far riskier. Just watch the weather map and talk to your shipper if you have to order in an iffy season. 'Weather smarts' help a lot, the ability to predict what your area will be doing.

Second caution: shipped fish will be in a bag you SHOULD NOT OPEN until you are absolutely ready for that particular fish. Read the sticky on DEATH IN BAGS and it will explain why. Rushing to open all the bags at once is a no-no. You have to be ready to acclimate, you need a refractometer, you need everything ready, and you MUST complete acclimation within 30 minutes. I hate like everything reading a post that begins: "I acclimated this fish for 2 hours and it's dead..." [There's a silent killer in a shipping bag once opened.] Read that sticky!

Back