online place to order puddy for frags?

sinful

superglue just does not work for me...I hear to use putty? anyone have a link on exact Item I should use?

The putty is called Aqua Mend.
I use the super glue gel from HD, comes in a 10 pack for about 5 bucks.
I glue unmounted frags to a piece of rubble with the glue and use putty to mount the rock rubble to the tank rock.

There is one thing to watch out for with the putty. While the two chemicals set up the produce a very noticible amount of heat that can do significant damage to corals if it is put near the tissue. However it does work very well for attaching rocks and corals that have large stony skeletons like Euphyllias

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12283886#post12283886 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mflamb
The putty is called Aqua Mend.
I use the super glue gel from HD, comes in a 10 pack for about 5 bucks.
I glue unmounted frags to a piece of rubble with the glue and use putty to mount the rock rubble to the tank rock.

Yeah, AquaMend is what I use.

anyone seen the mighty putty comercial? i think you get 6 tubes for 19.99. is that stuff safe? looks like the stuff at the store

I use aquamend now too. works just as well as the kind LFS carries, and doesn't make my skimmer go as crazy. I like to use the aquamend to get a nice impression and then put a little CA gel on the spot. The combination makes for a good hold anywhere in the tank you need.

Back