Opinions needed for led upgrade

rbillings

32 gallon bio cube. It'll be a mixed reef but just starting again after a few year hiatus so tank is pretty bare right now. I bought the tank used and the guy before me took out stock lighting and put in a couple led strips which I don't believe is enough light. I want to keep the stock hood on it so from what I can tell Steve's led or rapid led are good options. I'm sure there's more option out there hence this thread. What are everybody's opinion. Should I get plug and play Steve's or build my own. What did you do or didn't do.

32 gallon bio cube. It'll be a mixed reef but just starting again after a few year hiatus so tank is pretty bare right now. I bought the tank used and the guy before me took out stock lighting and put in a couple led strips which I don't believe is enough light. I want to keep the stock hood on it so from what I can tell Steve's led or rapid led are good options. I'm sure there's more option out there hence this thread. What are everybody's opinion. Should I get plug and play Steve's or build my own. What did you do or didn't do.

Some depends on the hood..i.e what will fit and how high off the water the space is.

Bluacro also sells DIY boards and drivers.

They'll both fit inside my hood. They're both about the same price. That's why I'm torn. I think rapid led has better quality components (not saying Steve's are bad) but I've never done anything like this so I'm a little nervous considering it's electricity above my tank

Back