Orange gel filter?

ReefsandGeeks

With these clip on orange gel filters being used to make coral colors pop and filter out the excessive blue light, I'm wondering what level of orange would be best for an actual camera lens. I tried ordering an orange 22 gel filter, but was far too orange and even when running only actinics, everything still looked fairly orange. Any sugestions on a color filter that will get rid of the blue but can be used on a real camera, not just a cell phone?

I'm no photogropher by any means, and am only just dipping my toes into photogrophy now. I thought it would be a fun hobby, and was given a canon and nikon camera from family members to try out and see if I like it. It's fun, and I enjoy playing with camera settings to see how they effect the picture, but am at a stage where everything is still experimental to me, and I still don't know what more camera lingo means. I think pictures of my coral would be a great place to start.

If I'm understanding right, I think you need to look in to a basic app or program that will let you correct your white balance. You shouldn't need a filter to correct for blues.

If I'm understanding right, I think you need to look in to a basic app or program that will let you correct your white balance. You shouldn't need a filter to correct for blues.

Unless you are really bad colorblind(raises hand), at least till you learn around this issue...

Back