Ordered Aquatrader MH/PC light hood

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9269943#post9269943 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by enash67
Thanks for the compliments :)

Yes I wanted to direct my limited $$$ resources to things i could not make such as the fixture and a ReefKeeper2.

I use to have a 300G reef a couple years ago before I was divorced and i just ran to large rubbermaids together for the sump. all i had in there was two 300W heaters and they did not come on much. with the internal pumps from the skimmer and return, plus the lights you just need a heater to buffer the temp. It probably would never play catchup...but it can maintain.

As for the skimmer I think it is pretty nice also for $30. I do wish it had a cup drain. I may add one in the future....

I just added a couple more pics to the website of the fixture and some more comments. Mine did not have black paint sprayed all along the edge on both sides. was your that way also?

Mine is painted fairly well... except maybe for the moonlight panels. They could use a touching up, but I believe they are aluminum, so I will let them be for now. Don't see them anyway.
-J

Hey, that is some telescope on your site.Looks like a cannon.You must pull in some great shots with that thing.Looks like a great hobby.

well I just got mine today... I have a coral life at my store and they look almost the same to me... well here are some photos. when I was taking the bubble thing from the pc I find out that one of the bulb have a small crack. I will call tomorrow for replacement.. they seen to work fine but you never know. at the moment I'm happy with them.I will post more later.

I think alot depends on your bioload more than the total gallons of water (to a point anyways) no sweat though..if it doesn't work than I have a reason to upgrade :)

Mine arrived today (24") it came well packaged, with an incredible amount of bubble wrap I might add. Nothing was damaged in shipment and everything fired right up. The fan is very loud and will need to be replaced. Also the switch for the PC's seems to have broken already, luckily I suppose it's stuck 'on'. I will have to take the fixture apart tomorrow to see if this isn't just a loose wire. Hopefully so as I dread having to try to contact customer service. Any ideas where one could buy a replacement switch to match?

when i was messing with mine it did the same thing to me..i thought it was broke in the "on" position. It turned out when I put the end plate on I must of jammed or pinched something. when i repositioned the end plate properly it worked fine. Still not sure what caused it though...hope this helps

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9343996#post9343996 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by waterloomarc
Mine arrived today (24") it came well packaged, with an incredible amount of bubble wrap I might add. Nothing was damaged in shipment and everything fired right up. The fan is very loud and will need to be replaced. Also the switch for the PC's seems to have broken already, luckily I suppose it's stuck 'on'. I will have to take the fixture apart tomorrow to see if this isn't just a loose wire. Hopefully so as I dread having to try to contact customer service. Any ideas where one could buy a replacement switch to match?

Bummer on the switch. Here's a replacement.

switch link

Yeah I'll take it apart tonight to see what it is. Hopefully it's something that can be fixed. I'll post my results.

Thanks for the link to the switch. Gotta love the internet. I'm glad to see that if it does need to be replaced I can get one that matches.

Marc

Well I took the thing apart tonight to see what was up with the switch. I couldn't find anything that had come loose so I figured I'd have to replace the switch. So I re-assembled the thing putting the switch back in. After I finished danged if the thing wasn't working again! So I thought I was all set. However, I went back about an hour later and the thing is stuck on again. I think it must be affected by the heat or something. I guess I'll just replace the switch...and buy another for a spare for the other one.

-Marc

i bought the 36" fixture im very happy with it but the switch for my atinics is stuck on " ON " at least its on and not off, well sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt, i just leave it on since my lights are on a timer, no big deal but i just ordered the switch from the site that MIA posted the link for, its only $1.50 i ordered 2 just in case, shipping was $7.

Rick2203 can the mounting legs included extend longer than 36" ?
My tank is 39" long. Also has anyone tried to hang these fixtures ?

Back