ordering a custum tank, need help

welsher7

I posted this in the equipment forum and didn't get much of response. Hopefully it will do better here. I'm going to order a 20" cube for a clown and anemone tank from My Reef Creations, but I'm not sure on where to place everything. I'm going to order the external overflow, and I want to run a closed loop on the tank. For the closed loop I'm thinking I should have around 1500gph. Could I use two 1" bulkheads, that would be about 5" up from the bottom and about 7" in from the wall. Or should I use one 2" bulkhead, that would be centered on the backwall about 7" up from the bottom. The 3/4" return from the sump will be centered on the backwall and 2" up from the bottom. The closed loop returns will be 3/4". Two of them will be 2" down top and 3" in from the side wall on the back wall, one on each side. Then the other two be on the bottom of the tank 4" in from the side wall and 4" in from the front wall. How does all of this sound? I have never ordered a custom tank before so be easy on me. Any input will be great.
Thanks,
Dan

I haven't talked to him about it yet. I wanted to get some responses here first. I never figured the turnover in the tank. That is way to high for anemone.

43x isnt overkill, especially if your going bb. Ive seen bb tanks around 100x before (though they were larger tanks)

Back