Orphek Atlantik V2 LED or Ecotech Gen 3 Pro

Johnic

Premium Member
As the title says. I've been itching and researching getting a new light. I currently have the Gen 1 with tir lenses and I think I need a new light. I really like the fact that my Ecotech puts my mp40's in sleep mode and was leaning toward staying with Ecotech for that reason, but I do like the Orphek Atlantik V2 LED or even the ghl.
What's the opinions .

Thinking out loud the Atlantik looks good, a real nice finish look to it, it will complement your tank, the only down side to the light could be re sale value. It spreads it leds out more like a Reef Breeders, they do have a shorter model that just came out as well.

Thinking out loud the Atlantik looks good, a real nice finish look to it, it will complement your tank, the only down side to the light could be re sale value. It spreads it leds out more like a Reef Breeders, they do have a shorter model that just came out as well.

Good point. I can pick up a great deal on a month old gen 3 pro. Still confused.

From my reading and research of LEDs over the last couple of years Orphek has impressed me. They are R&Ding what the corals need to grow and be healthy then add LEDs needed to please our eyes. They have lots of information and data with their products that they share so lots of questions can be answered at the lowest level.
I believe they slow resale sometimes because of used higher cost like other high end fixture, plus lots of lower quality fixtures being more in hobbiest price range.
As I get closer to finishing my build with my 8' tank I am wanting to go with (2) Orphek V2's along with (2) 250 Radium's. Just picked up a bnib Blueline 7 dual HQI ballast online to run them.......been looking for one for over a year....so pretty cool to me:)

Good Luck with your choice!!!

I bought the ghl Mitras 6200. I did a lot of research and felt comfortable spending the extra cash. I like how they don't use lenses but a sort of reflector. I was also thinking of going with an orphek because they look so nice but I had heard they use lower quality led lights, not sure if they actually do.

I bought the ghl Mitras 6200. I did a lot of research and felt comfortable spending the extra cash. I like how they don't use lenses but a sort of reflector. I was also thinking of going with an orphek because they look so nice but I had heard they use lower quality led lights, not sure if they actually do.

Orphek manufactures it's own LEDs unlike most of the other lighting companies who purchase off the shelf LEDs to make a spectrum that they hope works.

Back