Osmolator Nano 3152 Stopped Working

ronl

Premium Member
Roger,
My Osmolator Nano 3152, which has worked flawlessly for 3 1/2 years suddenly stopped working. I noticed the water level seemed low, so I checked to see if the float sensor was stuck in the up position, but it was all the way down and moved freely.

Top off reservoir had plenty of water, so I turned the pump over to make sure there was no air in it, which there wasn't. Then unplugged the unit and plugged it back in. I could hear a quiet click in the controller when I plugged it back in, but no response from the pump.

Then I pulled out the blue and brown wires from the spring loaded connector to make sure they we're clean, which they were. Reconnected the wires and plugged it back in and now the controller makes a louder clicking sound about once per second and it doesn't stop clicking. It only started making this continuous clicking sound after I disconnected and reconnected the blue and brown wires. It didn't do this when I unplugged and replugged it in before I disconnected and reconnected the wires.

Any ideas on where the problem lies?

Thanks,
Ron

Last edited:
The pumps usually last just around 3 years, so needing a new pump is highly probable, but it is not impossible the controller has failed. You are welcome to send it in for repair. Send the pump, power supply and controller with a note that has your return address and phone number.
Tunze USA
2121 Cole Springs Rd
Buda TX 78610

Last edited:
Thanks Roger. I put everything in the mail today. I hope it's just a problem with the pump because this has been a great trouble free ATO for me for 3 1/2 years.
Thanks,
Ron

Back