Osmolator Pump spinning but not pushing water

fatoldsun

Any suggestions to help with a pump that stopped pushing water. It's been working normally for several years. Controller seems to be working fine - is calling for water appropriately and the pump is coming on/impeller is spinning (I can see it spinning) The pump has been submerged and could not have sucked in any air and there's no water/air leaks in the ATO supply line.
Any suggestions or does the pump need to be replaced?

I would replace the pump. I always keep a spare one. As this is common issue after several years of daily service.

You might try tipping it upside down while submerged, if that does not get it to prime up and pump, it likely needs to be replaced.

Remove the supply line while the pump is running, after water come out, then reconnect the line. It should prime it. Or suck on the suck on the tube. I've had to do this when on occasion when i removed the line from the pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best practice to prime it is to tip it upside down while submerged. The other ways usually work, but it can happen some air remains and then the next pump run, it again cannot prime. I would generally suggest as a practice that anytime the pump has been out of water, tip it upside down once resubmerged.

Back