Osmolator questions

kb27973

I recently bought a Bubble King in sump skimmer. Works great but is very sensitive to the water level in the sump. I currently have a Litermeter ATO with the plastic tube you stick on the on the sump wall that uses pressure to tell the Litermeter pump when to turn on. It works well but will let the water level drop by half an inch before it kicks the pump on. Is the Osmolator more sensitive that this 1/2"? I need an ATO that will keep the water level constant. Also, can I keep using my Litermeter pump with the Tunze or do I have to use the Tunze provided one?

Thanks a bunch,
Ken

The osmolator is about as precise as you can buy. Not sure of the actually amount the water can change but I would guess it to be in the area of 2 or 3 millimeters.

Litermeter probably would not work well with its scheduler breaking up dosing doing thru the day or at least for the cost of the litermeter would not be good use of it. If there is a way to over ride this(not sure) you could use it with a Tunze Switched Socket option if it can dose enough before the osmolator controller's 10 min timer kicks in and shuts the system down.

Thanks for the reply. Do you think the Tunze pump would work to push water through a kalk reactor? Strong enough?

Ken

Back