Ot American Idle

moriartiholmes

OK, One of the great things about this forum is its informality. If you have an off topic question you can post it (add an OT) and if your not interested you just don't look at it. But way off topic posts in an on topic thread can be pretty annoying. I'm sure I'm not the only one here that has given an 'ugh' when reading a thread and having to scan through three or four posts about so and so being voted off.

So I thought I would start this OT thread :) If youââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢re an American Idle fan, feel free to subscribe to this thread and chat away. This way fans can have their chat and non-fans don't have to read about it, Thanks Brian.

Being a former semi pro musician, I'm not a huge fan of "Idol"- but I do watch it now and then. I missed the entire first season, but I enjoy Kelly's singing. I started watching during the second season. The house band is FANTASTIC.
Through the years, there have been similar shows: "The Gong Show", "Star Search" etc.
Rochester NY has top notch musicians and vocalists. They need to conduct auditions in upstate NY next season.
If an off topic comes up in a thread, try not to let it bother you.
Off to get some plumbing now..... :D

I appreciate that the contestants can sing (unlike a lot people selling a lot of albums). Off topic posts don't bother me that much, we've all done it, and will do it again I'm sure. The American Idle posts just seem overly common, that's why I thought an American Idle fan thread would be a good idea.

Buffalo has some great musicians too by the way :) I saw the redhead idle kid from buffalo a while ago. He was still in High School and driving a brand new BMW...

John Stevens, the redhead Idol Kid from Williamsville, went to school with my son and was singing Sinatra to a bunch of high school kids in my living room a couple of weeks prior to the first audition--and they thought it was cool!!

Can't imagine what we would have done to a kid singing Sinatra at a party circa 1973.......

John

As a "part-time" musician, I didn't like the show at first, but now I find myself watching quite a bit. So, let's hear some picks to win...

Is it just me, or did American Idol kinda suck tonight? I was bored....no one really stood out tonight. I was glad it wasnt a 2 hour show!

I wouldnt say Paula has been acting drunk. More like me if I were to take a handful of muscle relaxer and chase them with some Everclear!

But no, she actually seemed almost normal tonight. :beer:

I've been so busy that I've been missing "Idol" lately. I saw Elliot sing tonight. He's good- but he needs some dental work before the dance lessons.

I will agree with you on that gary.lol I am just glad Kevin went home they were getting close to creating a monster he was getting very cocky.Just my opion Scott

Weaver, I happen to know Kevin. He sang for us a few weeks before he went on Idol. He told me he was selected for the show and I thought he was kidding. He really is a nice kid but I knew he wouldn't win. Doesen't have the look. But he did get far. Of course now I don't have to watch the show anymore. I only watched it because since I know him and his family I was kind of obliged to vote for him. But as we all know, he was not the best.
Paul

Back