OT Any welders locally?

Mojo Jojo

In Memoriam
Need something quick welded together. If anybody is handy with this LMK or atleast know of a place that I can go. I can offer cash or frags dont really matter. I need to make a small stand like thing for my pendant. Similar to this:

Welds dont have to be perfect I'm going to spray paint the bars. Any metal/aluminum in specific I should buy? I was looking earlier at home depot took down some measurements of bars to get an idea.

Aluminum will save you in weight but it is harder to weld..... Make sure he has the right stuff to weld aluminum at his work, if not ust look up welders in the yellowpages and im sure it wouldnt be more than a few bucks for a welder to throw down a few quick beads.

I'm learning MIG, I do mostly oxyacetylene with a small torch.

I know a quy in Lemont who is good. Shoot me a pm if you want to drive that far.

Bill

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14164332#post14164332 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Mojo Jojo
Welds dont have to be perfect I'm going to spray paint the bars. Any metal/aluminum in specific I should buy? I was looking earlier at home depot took down some measurements of bars to get an idea.

Does it have to be metal...Wood is easy to work with. Sanded and varnished in black you wont know the difference.

Bill

Bill dohc97 brought up the same point. My main concern is breaking. I would seriously quit the hobby if my house caught on fire. My local Home Depot was pretty limited on things I can use. Heading over to Lowes tomorrow morning.

Any ideas on how the conduit will make a T to hang on to the pendant? I have a conduit bender. Found a picture of the zero edge tree.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14167215#post14167215 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Mojo Jojo
Bill I would seriously quit the hobby if my house caught on fire.

Use high temp paint made for grills/ firepits. Rustoleum makes one for up to 1100 degrees. It will absorb heat and not catch fire.

I used 1/2" electrical conduit and a pipe bender to make this...

IMG_2920-1.jpg

I've been really happy with it and it was very inexpensive to make.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14167305#post14167305 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by eep013
I used 1/2" electrical conduit and a pipe bender to make this...

IMG_2920-1.jpg

I've been really happy with it and it was very inexpensive to make.

forget the wood this looks awesome!!!! Nice job eep013

eep013 Sick! Nice job on it! Mind posting some pictures of how you have it standing. I want to say some C clamps on the back of the stand, but still dont have the stand planned out. The guy that is making it is supposed to get back to me with his idea.

Edit : JPSKI25 Who is that guy on your Avi? IDK man that quote about you in the front door makes me wonder :eek:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14167383#post14167383 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Mojo Jojo
[

JPSKI25 Who is that guy on your Avi? IDK man that quote about you in the front door makes me wonder :eek: [/B]

Its Tatoo from Fantasy Island

If you need something welded I can do it. Here is a pic of something I welded....

It has to be ferrous though.....I can only do mig welding.

n32819849_34147480_5729.jpg

JPSKI25 and Mojo Jojo - Thanks! I'm very happy with how this turned out. I ended up making another one for my 36" Tek light over my main tank.

Mojo Jojo - to answer your question...It's not actually standing on the floor. By the time you bend the conduit, it's not long enough to reach the ground. Here's a bad pic to show you how I attached it to the stand...

IMG_3744.jpg

I cut two small wood blocks and attached them to each side of my stand. The conduit rests on those and is secured with the brackets you see in the pic.

great idea... some saddle clamps and a stick of conduit.... Good thinking and a damn good outcome....

Too bad youre in the city Mojo, I have a few spare sticks of conduit you couldve had, but the amount youd spend on gas wouldnt be worth it. :(

I'm a custom sheet metal worker and do a lot of fabrication for the food industry, so I do a lot of welding. Mig, Tig, Stainless, Mild Steel, Alum, whatever you want. I work for frags too. If you can get me either a drawing or a sample I can make pretty much anything you want out of metal. My shop is in Summit, 59th and pretty much harlem. Let me know if you want to work something out.
bill

Back