OT: anyone with reptiles

random_ryan

does anyone here have frogs and toads? I have leopard gecko's and a canyon tree frog. was just wondering if anyone here owned reptiles and amphibians too.

aren't those poison dart frogs fishes? just wondering were you got them? I am wanting to expand my frog collection. was thinking about getting a packman frog but I am being very picky about the one I get. I also want some clown frogs.

Last edited:
a mated pair of lygodactylus williamsi
awesome, these guys are soo cool to watch they are very active and they are low maintenance.

I used to be huge into reptiles, I still have a few left(after ten years of keeping them its hard to part with all of them)

at one point I had over 50 reptiles and amphibians.

a few pics of the animals I still have
P4040106.jpg

P2140173.jpg

P1250134.jpg

and the big female I got rid of awhile back, she grew to near 17' and 100lbs in a span of just over 30 months
P1010057.jpg

P1010081.jpg

awesome, these guys are soo cool to watch they are very active and they are low maintenance.

I used to be huge into reptiles, I still have a few left(after ten years of keeping them its hard to part with all of them)

at one point I had over 50 reptiles and amphibians.

a few pics of the animals I still have
P4040106.jpg

P2140173.jpg

P1250134.jpg

and the big female I got rid of awhile back, she grew to near 17' and 100lbs in a span of just over 30 months
P1010057.jpg

P1010081.jpg

Um is that a pig lol

This is Osiris, my 6 year old Jungle Carpet Python (morelia spilota cheynei). The picture doesn't really do his colors justice- he's black and high yellow banded. Finicky eater, but very cool snake. He's about 6.5' long.

I have a bearded dragon. She just lays on her rock, with out moving all the time. Every week or so I poke her just to make sure she didn't die. Not really sure why they are popular as pets. I could get the same enjoyment by setting up a terrarium with a plastic dinosaur in it..

Not anymore but way before I kept fish tanks I had all kinds of reptiles. I had a baby iguana that over the years grew into a 7 ft very large mellow iguana. It was shower trained and not caged it would climb into the shower to do its business ;). Had all kinds of other lizards and snakes over the years.

Anyone looking for a custom reptile tank? I don't remember how many gallons; 36" wide 18" deep 26" tall. I have created a pond area on one side in a diagonal 15" to 9". Comes with a standard wire mesh top & misc. accessories (pump, filter for pond, waterfall that fits in pond, light for top w/daylight fluorescent and two heat lamp fixtures, etc.)
I used it for my Dumpy tree frogs until I decided my reef tanks were enough!
For sell or trade...

I used to have a retic as well. We sold her when she about 11 ft, just moved her from very large rats to rabbits. She was very tame and loved to be handled. Feeding time usually drew an audience, it's amazing how fast they strike and wrap their prey.

I also had 2 x Bearded Dragons and a Chinese Water Dragon we used to take for walks on a leash.

Back