OT- asking for input

cato

New England
Looking to sell some stuff not reef related. Does anyone have any experience w/Craigs list or ebay?? Wondering which would be better. Thanks.

Craigslist is way easier to post and manage. Im not a huge ebay fan but It can drive up the price sometimes and get you more cash then you expect.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13222394#post13222394 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Hellis
Have you put them in the classifieds at the ctars website.

No because it's mostly medical related items. Although there are a couple things I may put there. Thanks guys.

I agree, Ebay's advantages are if the product is desirable you will fetch more for it but you will cough up about 7-8% in fees between Ebay and Paypal.

Craigslist is good for selling larger stuff as everything is local so you don't have to worry about shipping. Be forewarned though that it is definitely catering to a crowd that likes to haggle and often back out of scheduled meetings IME. (more of a tag sale like mentality)

In either way, make sure you include pictures as this really helps the selling process.

I SELL ON BOTH REGULARLY AND MEDICAL EQUIPMENT WOULD MOST LIKELY SELL BETTER ON EBAY. CRAIGSLIST IS BETTER FOR CARS AND CAR PARTS.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13222394#post13222394 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Hellis
Have you put them in the classifieds at the ctars website.

Where is the classifieds section on our site? I can't seem to find it.
Does anyone else have trouble with are site being slow?

Never mind...found it.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13249052#post13249052 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kesdc
Scott,

What are you selling?

-Kevin

Some old CBP materials (texts mostly), xray templates and a regainer traction table plus a couple digital cameras. Nothing you'd want, I don't think. :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13251630#post13251630 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by trstange
can you post pictures?
(I'm not really interested but someone has to ask that question)

Sure I can but will I is the real question. ;)
It is against RC rules to sell non-reef related items. So I will be posting them in our CTARS site some time this weekend if I have a chance. The cameras anyways...:rollface:

Leave it to Tom trying to get me in trouble w/Larry. :rolleyes:

Ebay just came out with this horrible new rule where if you do not have 100 feed back and your item sold is over $100 then they hold the money in your paypal account for up to 21 days!

Ebay and Paypal (especially Paypal) really tick me off with some of their rules. The one that bugs me the most is how when making payment your checking account is the default and its a pain to find the little icon to change to credit card. Even more bothersome is if there are any funds in the paypal account you can't opt for credit card as a method of payment.

Back