OT: Back From Vacation!

Bcollins111900

Got back Monday from Vacation. Wife and I went on a 7 day crusie out of New Orleans for our 1 year anniv. We went to Costa Maya Mexico, Roatan Honduras, Belize City Belize, and Cozumel Mexico. We went snorkeling in Costa Maya, Roatan & Belize City. Belize city was suppose to be have a really nice reef but I was sort of dissapointed due to the fact Roatan by far had the best reef out of any place I have ever been. In Roatan and Belize City I saw some huge elkhorn colonies in water from 1ft deep to about 15ft deep and thriving. I took alot of pictures and video and will put them on a flickr account so everyone can take a look.

Yeah it was my biggest worry but all was fine. Had 100 gallons of water setup for auto top off. Had a webcam directed toward the sump and frag tank in the basement and one upstairs in the living room pointed towards the tank so I could access them via internet on my phone in case there was a problem. Had my sister check the tank daily and when she said we were getting really bad storms up here and I am 2000 miles away I must say I was freaking out as she was not sure how to use the generator if need be. Luckily we never lost power. I told her though is you come over and something looks really really wrong here is who to call lol.

Some of the highlights were when we were heading back to the cruise ship in Costa Maya. I waded out into some rock pools and found a bunch of limpets, turbo snails, and urchins. In Roatan i did some free diving and found a few live conchs, sea cucumbers, upside down jelly fish, urchins, shameface crabs, snails, and hermits. I would bring them up to the beach and show kids and people what they were was really rewarding to be able to talk about the stuff I found with people due to this hobby.

Back