OT: BD opted out

fishme

Premium Member
what you u guys think? There is no way that GWS will sign him to a longer contract...he probably will end up with the Lakers. I say go after Arenas if he's a FA.

mdt178

I say go after Brand if he's available :)

BD is gone for sure. I had a bad feeling about how the season ended - BD and Nellie seemed to have had a fallout. Also, the W's did not do anything with the mid level exception. So far this offseason is not looking good.

Last edited:

Jesus

I don't think Arenas will be available. Jamison was re-signed by Washington. They need to re-sign Ellis and Biedrins.

jesus

650-IS350

The dubs offered Gil $100 mil, but didn't know the Wiz gave him $120 Mil max deal.

Brand opted out to get a better deal but in the $50-$60 mil range to give the clip show a chance to sign another player.. which is going to be Baron me thinks. This probably has been talked about by these guys during the summer.

I'm all for just going all young. ALA CHITOWN. Do a signNtrade with baron to Clips to get expiring contracts and Eric Gordon and linvingston/or picks.

Love Baron but not worth the long term max contract he is looking for.

Unarce

Unshackled
I think it's good for the Warriors to sacrifice 08-09 to develop their team for the long haul.

Resigning Ellis and Biedrins is A MUST!

Let Wright and Belinelli earn bigger roles with some major minutes early on. It would suck to let Pietrus go, just to become a Bruce Bowen for some other team.

Last edited:

650-IS350

BD to the CLIPSHOW.

I ain't worried much, loved his play but not his personality and how he cared off the court. Time to give the team to the future super star in Monta. Let Belineli, Wright , Randolph and Hendrix play and get some needed experience.

I really love for them to use the extra cash now to got hard after Andre Igodala. SO that they can have a large SG. It was fun while it lasted BD, but time to move on.

OCEAN SIZE

BACK REEFIN'
You know, its disappointing because he really is a great guy. He was among the first to donate, giving a million $ I think immediately to New Orleans' disaster relief efforts and didn't make a big, fat public deal out of it. He was low key and did the right thing when no one else was.

I'll always respect him for that, the heart, the mad game, he and the Warriors helped each other a lot, no regrets. He wants to ride in the sunset and take his cash and oft-injured bad knees. Baron was a man to play 82 games on those knees, even if he was making $18 mil to do it.

He's not a heavy minutes, 90+ games guy. Few are.

Monta is a bad man... but lets hope Mullin makes smart moves. Baron leaving was a no-lose situation in my opinion. The Lakers gave up Shaq seeing the writing on the wall in his injuries, and you can't fault teams for not wanting to mortgage the future in a high risk/overpaid venture.

Unless your GM is Isiah.

650-IS350

I just hate how he screwed the dubs by saying he was staying last week to everyone especially the warriors. So by that the dubs didn't explore using the TPE. then all the sudden after the TPE expires he opts out. What a ****ER, that I hate him for, that was malicously done on purpose. When he heard of the probable pistons deal to get chauncy/sheed.. he all the sudden says he will stay a warrior and not opt out.. ****ER is all I can say.

650-IS350

I liked him as a Bball player, but not his personality, his REAL drive/love for basketball. I think bball is just a tool for him to make serious cash and use it to meet/greet with actors and help him with his REAL love movie making and being a star in LA. He's fake as hell.

Screw's the franchise with lying about coming back then hamstringing them about making them not use the TPE then opting out. then tells reports ( Thx U, Thx U Thx U ) to the public.. fake as bastard quote to do damage control regardings his PR.
I've always hated malone from the get. ( Karl ) right?

fishme

Premium Member
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12871589#post12871589 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by delsol650
I liked him as a Bball player, but not his personality, his REAL drive/love for basketball. I think bball is just a tool for him to make serious cash and use it to meet/greet with actors and help him with his REAL love movie making and being a star in LA. He's fake as hell.

totally agree with Charles. IMO, BD is a idiot like most other NBA players. I still remember those days when BD was taken out of the game, he joked & laughed with the opponent team. It's so funny that people compared BD vs Kobe, BD's leadership vs Magic, best PG in NBA, etc. A guy hasn't win anything in NBA, not even an all-star, LOL.

I hope the GSW do not sign EBrand. EB is a player, but he is not worth ~$20. But I hope EB will go somewhere else those. w/o EB, BD will cry again, and push another HC to the door.

Unarce

Unshackled
I'm sure Elton will resign with the Clips. He's just lucky that the Warrior offer gives him extra leverage to get a better deal. Not sure why the W's would want him or Arenas for that much. It would just slow the maturation process of their young guns.

I don't know BD personally. He does a lot of good things off the court.

C.R.E.A.M. is a powerful thing.

mdt178

I just think BD took the money and ran. The W's didn't offer a deal that he liked - probably not even close - so he bolted. I'm not gonna blame him for that.
Now will Brand leave $20mil on the table and return to the Clips if all the reports are true? He will probably get a revised deal and come back anyway. As mentioned, the W's offer will just be used as leverage.
What's gonna happen to the W's? Without an impact free agent, losing BD, Ellis moving to PG I see next season as a rebuilding year. Which is fine for a lot of fans, who rather see the development of their young players rather than seeing the W's went on tilt and offer crazy deals to players like Josh Smith or Iguodala after striking out against BD, Arenas and Brand.

OCEAN SIZE

BACK REEFIN'
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12871589#post12871589 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by delsol650

Screw's the franchise with lying about coming back then hamstringing them about making them not use the TPE then opting out. then tells reports ( Thx U, Thx U Thx U ) to the public.. fake as bastard quote to do damage control regardings his PR.
I've always hated malone from the get. ( Karl ) right?
The one, the only. The spokesman for Rogaine. The one who was such a homophobe, he b1tched until Magic Johnson was ejected from the league. The one accused of getting on a 14 year old as a college player. The one who broke Donyell Marshall's ribs, knocked David Robinson out, broke Joe Kleins nose. The one who refused to acknowledge his illegitimate daughter until she won an NCAA title. The one who went on NBA Inside Stuff, had a crew of guys and dogs corner a mountain lion in a cave, then shot it with a pistol on TV.

That one.

Your dislike of BD actually can't come close, now that I think about it.

BD wanted a long term sunset deal and the W's weren't buying it. I think both sides made the right decision even if the timing wasn't to the W's advantage.

BD's career highlights were as a Warrior. He didn't get the deal he wanted and bolted, but I still think Oakland is better off without what he wanted in his contract. I don't hate him for it.

Then again I'm more of a Spurs fan, and he actually helped San Antonio by going to the Clips. Thats not why I don't dislike him though (triple negative but you get the idea hopefully).

fishme

Premium Member
EBrand is going to the sixers....awesome news. Best of luck to BD with the Clippers. You shall see the real BD by All-Stars game.

650-IS350

LOL, Karma's a ***** huh BDIDDY. With both Elton and Mag's both leaving. Your now stuck with Capt.Caveman and a busted up knees pg in livingston.

I'm hearing rumors that there is a distinct chance that he might re-neg on his word with CLIPS and return to the dubs for his original offer he got from us for 2 years 20mil or something like that. LOL