OT: Computer Question

Hucklebery

Premium Member
Has anyone else had problems with being redirected when they click on one of the search results when you use Google to search for something? It seems that at least 60-70% of the time when I click on the result I want from a Google search it gets redirected to some BS site. I've run my Webroot Antivirus/Spyware scan several times and it does not pick up anything significant. Is there a setting I'm missing in Internet Explorer???

I would install Firefox to isolate if it's a Internet Explorer (IE) issue. Sounds like some spyware might have taken over some parts of IE.

Here is what I would do:
1. Install Firefox (get Firefox here)
2. Try to do the same Google searches, if it happens again, even with Firefox it's a system wide issue.

If so, run malwarebytes (anti spyware, trojan, virus).

Here is the link for Malwarebytes

Hopes this helps.

0scar M.

Not a big fan of webroot at all. Id try Avast or AVG (I use avast)and maybe trend micro housecall. Avast has an option for a boot time scan now which allows you to scan for viruses before the programs start running. Then run Malwarebytes and superantispyware. As mentioned, try firefox browser as well. All of these are freeware btw.

Jesse

Last edited:
I would run Malwarebytes first, it seems to be the most powerful when trying to fix a machine that is already infected.

Plus, you can boot in safe mode and the install will run. None of the other programs will do the same.

As far as free antivirus programs go, Avira is my top pick and AVG is second.

Not a big fan of webroot at all. Id try Avast or AVG (I use avast)and maybe trend micro housecall. Avast has an option for a boot time scan now which allows you to scan for viruses before the programs start running. Then run Malwarebytes and superantispyware. As mentioned, try firefox browser as well. All of these are freeware btw.

Jesse

You guys ROCK! I ran Malwarebytes and it found 23 Trojan files that friggin Webroot never found. Problem solved, no more redirects! Thanks all!!! I'm gonna try Firefox also.

Back