OT: Crue Fest

RyanEG

Bridge burner
Premium Member
Did anyone else attend Crue Fest 08 at Darien Lake yesturday? What a great show. Buckcherry killed, papa roach was good, Sixx Am was KILLER(Nikki Sixx' side project that did the soundtrack to his book The Heroin Diaries which is music fans must read), Didnt see trapt but they sounded good on my way through the gates.

Motley Crue proves again that they still rock HARD and can put on a GREAT show. Thinking of catching it again when it come to Cleveland or Pittsburgh in August. Well worth the price of admission.

YES!!! Our group at work convinced the boss that it was a team building exercise so he bought us all tickets and we left early. I brought the hubby too. I was long overdue for a concert! :D

Unreal how do you get your boss to BUY you tickets? I really have got to learn the secrets of modern managment philosophy so that I can teach my jackass of a boss.

It actually wasn't intended... we only asked about leaving early and he offered to buy the tickets. I think he does random things like that just for the facial expressions we get. We brought a shirt back for him. :) As frustrated as I get at my job sometimes I will never leave even if offered more money simply due to all three of the owners being so down to earth. It is certainly a rare thing to find one good boss let alone three... ;) Needless to say the rest of the office is jealous and currently brainstorming on what they can do for some "team building". :D

Where I work "team building" is divide and conquer if Mgmt can keep us all disgruntled and fighting we cant keep enough union solidarity to stick up for ourselves. They are propaganda masters make NAZI's look like childsplay.

Probably high turnover then too? We haven't had an employee leave in years with the exception of those who have moved out of NY state. I think that our bosses understand that while our job is not physically demanding, it can take it's toll mentally. Compared to other places I have worked that had the "beat them down" mentality we can actually back up with numbers that our mentally rewarded crew brings in better profits. It's always about the bottom line no matter who you work for. Some just don't see that there's another way to make money without treating employees like numbers. Especially in the customer service field... I can always tell when I call a business how well the employees are treated by the tone of voice of the person I talk to. There's a lot more irritable & cranky customer service people than there used to be.

Plus, I think another thing the bosses thrive on is all the stories that come along with an adventure like Crue Fest. :D Hopefully they don't keep employee blackmail files... :lol:

Unfortunately with the times my job has a really low turnover rate due to benefits and good pay. Its physically and mentally demanding but the mental is a lot harder to deal with. Nobody I work with LOVES there job only a few even like it a little. I would easily take up to an 8 dollar per hour job to stay closer to home but none can be found!

I sat 4 rows off the stage, I'm still half deaf. I'll post some pics tonight if anyones interested in seeing them.

Pics would be great! We were way back in the lawn area so it was definately more of an audio experience than visual but we were close to the beer. :D

Ryan-

Why do I get this feeling you work for NS?

Mel-

That's awesome... I'd kill for concert tix! :)

I was thinking about going... I've been into the 80's revival band concert thing in the past, never a big Crue fan; but thought it might have been worth going.. .

Oh well... Next time thru! :)

-Andy

NS is it not close but no cigar! FYI Im not dumb enough to publicly cut down my bosses and then throw out the name of the employer(especailly with an easy to decode screenname.)

Friends and I went and I am pretty sure we had a good time! I was surprised at how good of a show Motley Crue put on after 20+years. Tommy Lee segment of the show was a crowd favorite! sorry but I would of enjoined the show much more if Buckcherry wasn't there though, they're snobby jerks in real life!

As promised Crue Fest pics there in my gallery if anyone wants copies. If anyone wants pics of the other bands let me know and I'll see what I got I just don't wanna hijack the thread. Enjoy!
177239djashba.jpg

177239nikkiandjames.jpg

177239nikkiandmick.jpg

177239tommy.jpg

177239motleycrue08.jpg

Wowza I didn't realize how low Tommy's pants were! :D

oldimpala, I hear ya... it definately triggers a memory or two. My two favorite concerts to date were Metallica (although I would've liked a different location than the HSBC Arena for the sound aspect) and Judas Priest w/ Anthrax in a gorgeous theatre.

Inkmates with pics like that hijack away! This thread along with any of mine are for all to enjoy and take in whatever direction they might go! Here are some cell phone pics from the opposite end of the spectrum.

07090821301.jpg

07090821471.jpg

0709082211a1.jpg

07090822341.jpg

Talk about a difference in view! Dude how did you manage to get 4th row seats! I kill for them. Im going to catch the Aug 30th show down in Scranton PA I think.

the wife is a member of sixx am's fan club we got to buy them b4 they went on salr to the general public. I think we spent $110 per ticket after fees and what not

Back