OT - - Didn't know stingray can kill :(

rleechb

Yeah, I haven't heard of many stingray related deaths. I suppose one in the chest could do it...

Poor guy, I really enjoyed his shows/antics.

Sparkss

I read that it punctured his heart, which is why he died from it. Truly sad news, I enjoyed his shows also.

tuberider

Where's Lahey?
Premium Member
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8075157#post8075157 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by crazzyreefer
it should not be a shock to anyone.

Except the monkey..... (I had to say it sorry)

Seriously though, it does open up the door for some other "dude who pokes animals with a stick on T.V." to get a big show.. whee!!!!

Elite

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8075157#post8075157 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by crazzyreefer
well you play with fire you will get buned... it should not be a shock to anyone.

I didn't expect him to die because of the stingray. How often you hear people die because of stingray?? If he died because of crocodile, I would not be surprised.
Doesn't matter how he died, it's sad because I think he was great. I like the guy shows.

sfsuphysics

From what I understand it was one of the larger stingray versions (4 meters?) and the harpoon on it's tail is easily as long as your hand is wide, that makes for an awfully deep penetration wound.

dannieboiz

When god is calling there's no where to hide.:eek1:

This guy do all kind of crazy things, I would be less suprise if his head was bitten off by a croc, or a Grizzly ripped him into pieces. But a single stab through the heart ended it. I wonder if they documented the accident. I'd like to see this.

But looking at it from another pointed of view. It's a less painful death, and at least he died in 1 piece. He died doing what he love to do and I'm sure he saw it coming since day 1.