OT : Direct TV and DVR on Network

rob.holbrook

Has anyone ever hooked thier Direct TV HD dvr to your home network for watching video on demand?

If you have do you know what kind of wireless card to buy for it?

I've hooked it up to my home network but I did it wired. I'd call them and find out. I wasn't aware you could do it wireless if you find out let me know because I have a 100 ft ethernet cable running along the wall.

Now that I think about it I'd be worried about the video quality as well, especially when downloading a 1080p video. From when I've downloaded the regular SD quality videos it's taken a while before it was at a point where I could watch it while it was downloading, and that's with a regular wired connection.

I can fix it

I can fix it

Hey Rob, I think I know how to fix your problem. Do away with Direct and the Cable Co. and just rent movies and that will fix the problem.Just run a short length cable from your Tv to your Dv player and your set. LOL ! .....Sorry man, I just had to share my thoughts with ya. Good luck with it.:lol:

For those who were following this this is what I did to solve my problem.

I went and got a 34 dollar dynex router from best buy, and put it into bridge mode. Linked it up to my wireless router and it seems like it is working great.

Along this same line have you connected an external hard drive to the DVR to increase capacity? How easy is this?

No I was talking about using the video on demand that comes with the newer direct tv dvr.

As far as hooking up a external hd to the dvr I havent yet, the thing has a 250 gig hd in it.

Back