OT: dlp replacement lamps.

dublo8

I have a samsung dlp tv and all 3 indicator LEDs are flashing on the front panel. Samsung website shows this as a lamp failure. Tv is 3 years old so I'm assuming it's the bulb as it's been a little dimmer than usual the past week.
Anybody know of a good place to buy a replacement bulb/lamp from. Obviously the cheaper the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

after sorting through all the crap reviews on ebay, I ended up finding a company that my friend suggested. advancedlamp.com

Ugh now I just have to wait until the bulb arrives. Forza 4 comes out on Tuesday and I can't play on the big tv and my comfy couch. Have to rig up my 23" monitor. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thats why we got rid of our DLP, 3 year life on the bulb is pretty alright, we had to shell out $160 every 2 years.:wavehand: DLP

Hello LED backlit!

On the Samsung's it could also be the color wheel, if it doesn't spin up quick enough it won't allow the bulb to turn on and it will indicate the same as a bad bulb. But if you have noticed other issues prior then it is likely just the bulb.

Bulb replacement was the reason I didn't go DLP when it was time for me to upgrade as well. Though at the time DLP was the best picture to dollar ratio.

Yeah I'm fairly confident it's not the color wheel. Tv has been a little darker the past couple weeks before the indicator lights came on. It didn't really dawn on me the bulb was going bad til it actually did. I got mine from advancedlamps.com for $66 with the housing and a 180 day warranty.

Sent from my who cares they all do it now.

My old Samsung DLP had the bulb go and then when I moved it to replace the bulb, the color wheel went, I was ****ed. I replaced it with a Samsung LED DLP (They only made them for about 6 months) that now has no bulb or moving parts, is much brighter and the picture is on almost instantly after power up :) DLP's by far still have the sharpest pictures but most of them are a maintenance nightmare after a few years... Good news is that the both color wheel and lamp are easily replaceable if you are fairly tech savvy...

Back