OT - Droid or Iphone?

I would stay away from At&t even if I had to carry a rotary phone. I travel the globe for work and verizon has service everywhere, while all my iphone buddies ask me if they can borrow my phone to make a call.

Describe the quality of CDMA coverage around the globe... Anyway, iPhone hands down. There's no shortage of apps for either Android or iOS, but the quality and design of the iPhone is unmatchable. You could come close with an Evo, but have fun planning your day around where you can charge it.

Describe the quality of CDMA coverage around the globe... Anyway, iPhone hands down. There's no shortage of apps for either Android or iOS, but the quality and design of the iPhone is unmatchable. You could come close with an Evo, but have fun planning your day around where you can charge it.

I speak from experience. I have a crackberry for work and my personal phone. My next will be a droid, iPhone is great in cities and very populated areas but get out in to the boonies and kiss your service goodbye. I have an iPad I like it but when I need to make a phone call verizon is who I trust my bars to. It's a fact and anybody who thinks AT&T has as good of service hasn't been remote. I see it all the time. I'm not bashing the phone, I'm bashing the service. The new droids are very cool,plus you know google they are a huge company that is in touch. Not saying apple isn't but making a phone you can't hold on to or it drops the call is bonehead.

I have owned both the droid and the iphone and I will start with I have never dropped so many calls with at&t. Both phones are good I perfer the droid you can get free tethering to a laptop which is great you will be paying for that with the iphone. The tethering makes you able to get wireless internet on your laptop which can be very useful. The google navigation rocks. There are too many pluses to mention them all. I recommend the incredible from verizon over the droid I am not sure about other people that own the dorid but I never use the physical keyboard. I thought at first I would but the only time I look at the keyboard is to blow the dust off it.

I have owned both the droid and the iphone and I will start with I have never dropped so many calls with at&t. Both phones are good I perfer the droid you can get free tethering to a laptop which is great you will be paying for that with the iphone. The tethering makes you able to get wireless internet on your laptop which can be very useful. The google navigation rocks. There are too many pluses to mention them all. I recommend the incredible from verizon over the droid I am not sure about other people that own the dorid but I never use the physical keyboard. I thought at first I would but the only time I look at the keyboard is to blow the dust off it.

+1 for the tethering and voice navigation. Good choice on the Incredible. Got one and love it.

I speak from experience. I have a crackberry for work and my personal phone. My next will be a droid, iPhone is great in cities and very populated areas but get out in to the boonies and kiss your service goodbye. I have an iPad I like it but when I need to make a phone call verizon is who I trust my bars to. It's a fact and anybody who thinks AT&T has as good of service hasn't been remote. I see it all the time. I'm not bashing the phone, I'm bashing the service. The new droids are very cool,plus you know google they are a huge company that is in touch. Not saying apple isn't but making a phone you can't hold on to or it drops the call is bonehead.

All I was commenting on was your "travel the globe" comment and the fact that GSM, not CDMA, is the prevailing standard around the globe.

Last edited:
Droid incredible or X...... 90% of all apps are free..... Reception Reception Reception (verizon)..... i HAD SPRINT..... Had a BB........ loved the BB ..... wifey has i junk.....and att....and she drops calls....Makes for great excuses when I dont wanna talk to her.... I just hang up and tell her she dropped the call.....hehe

Own 3SG I-Phone (linked to my Neptune three). and I travel the Country Regularly ,Hated the 4 series. All my younger Buds have the Droids and thought they like them they seem to always be back to see what mine does. And working construction I use the Otter shock Cover to protect it from falls and grinding dust.

As for Lap top link,unless your living in West Virginias low lands every hotel I stat at or business now has Wi Fy. And you cant go 200 yds around without a hot spot. Quite frankly if your not sending in reports for work your hand Comp. does every thing else any way.

Either way add a Dragon App to your Comunicator, that App is for voice commanding to sites or directions it is my favorite besides the Golf logixs,

ok, here is the scoop. First, thanks for all of the replies it is appreciated ! Now, I went with the Iphone. Once I get it I have 8 days to play around but can return it and get the droid if I am not happy.

I like I phone and did not have any problems with ATT service in US, Canada, UK, Bermuda and Poland. My sister on the other hand had to get another special phone from verizon so it would work overseas... Nuts in my opinion!

Well turns out the iPhone is almost saltwater proof lol. I dropped my phone into my tub of water I was mixing for a water change the other day. I was talking on it using my headphones and it fell out of it's holster on my hip and landed right in the tub. In shock it took me a few seconds to fish it out. At first it was acting a lil crazy and had no reception, but now is almost back to normal save one minor error msg that pops up when the phone is put into lock mode. In fact I'm using it now to write this post. I have to admit it's tougher than I expected it to be.

Last edited:
You'd have to pry my I-phone from my cold dead fingers.

You will need a therapist to get rid of it.....Get yourself an I-phone guru to get you going with your needs as there is so many apps and so little time!

Back