OT: Got laid off! :(

Aweful news. I echo what others said. Sorry about the news.
The bright side -- SALES jobs are probably much easier to find than most others. I know of a place that's always looking for good sales people. PM if interested.

this is getting bad for everyone those days my mom got laid of almost 2 years ago she was a quality control manager she has been looking hard for a new job but at age 53 its hard to find something, everyone is looking for younger emploees......

Sry to hear that. Just a heads up look into the food producer companies. My dad works for one and he said they still hire because people always have to eat.

Sorry for this sorrow man. Keep ur head up u'll find something and bigger.
I think one of the best secure job out there is health care, everyone need health check ups.. A lot of the hospitals still petitioning nurses and other health professionals overseas.

Good luck man.

thats a chitty feeling. You seemed like a really good person(even though you are a Cub fan) you'll land on your feet no problem.

Its crazy how just because you've been there so long, and prolly one of their higher paid employees you become a target. That is so unfair.

Pat, I got laid off a few weeks ago as well. Whatever you do, don't enroll in COBRA. Last time I got laid off after 9/11, I found that you can save almost $500 if you go with Unicare.

I found the best job search engine to be indeed.com. They actually link to all other job searches. I've already got a few interviews lined up for next week!

Re: OT: Got laid off! :(

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14213052#post14213052 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NewSchool04
Wow!!!! I sat here all day and just shook my head!!! I can't believe this is happening to me. I've been with my company for 10 years, I helped build this company from a 5 person shop to 150+ both sales and service. I built this company and I got clipped, out of the blue. Wow again, I never thought I would put my family and myself in this position and here it is.

I can't believe I'm calling COBRA and trying to figure out how to cover a family with 3 kids by 2/1.

Either way, if any of you have a company that needs a motivated sales manager or sales person, I'm interested. My specialty is molding sales teams and closing.

I know a bunch of you know me, if you do know a company looking for workers, pass the info on to me. I'll sell myself!

Thanks,

Pat

State Farm is always looking for talented people to become agents...the nice thing about being a State Farm agent if you can sell you will always have a job and there State Farm agent offices in more locations than McDonalds has. I had the good fortune to buy some of your beautiful corals and your attention to detail was very evident.

Back