OT: Gruden Fired!

usfpaul82

Well Jon Gruden has been fired as head coach and Bruce Allen let go....pretty wild...Looks like Reheem Morris is expected to be named head coach...

With the recent collapse of an otherwise decent season it's no wonder. With Kiffin leaving it seems to be a good time to clean house and rebuild so I am ok with it.

Morris as the new head coach? No way....really?

Bucs haven't officially announced it yet, but Reheem is "expected" to be named. Steve Dumeg from the sports animal got word from bucs officials that Raheem is in.

Hmmm...keep the eye on Shanahan from Denver as a prospect for Coach. Too bad we can't get Tony back. A real class guy IMHO. So much for BS about not making it to the big dance for him. Been there, done that.

I agree that Dungy is a great guy, a true class act...not sure how good of a fit it would be for him coming back though...just MO. He is still under contract with the colts. Raheem is the guy...mark my words! :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14174077#post14174077 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by usfpaul82
I agree that Dungy is a great guy, a true class act...not sure how good of a fit it would be for him coming back though...just MO. He is still under contract with the colts. Raheem is the guy...mark my words! :)

Ya, but what did we pay/give up for Gruden to the Raiders? Don't get me wrong, Morris is a good coach....for the DBs. Not sure if he's a ready for prime time coach. Maybe D coordinator though.

i completely agree with you...not saying hes the right choice by any means. just that he will be the coach. I was personally hoping for Mike S.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14174107#post14174107 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GrouperGenius
Ya, but what did we pay/give up for Gruden to the Raiders? Don't get me wrong, Morris is a good coach....for the DBs. Not sure if he's a ready for prime time coach. Maybe D coordinator though.

But we did get Dungy back. Not as a football coach, but rather as another excellent community resource. He retired from the Colts and is back in Tampa from what I understand.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14174136#post14174136 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by usfpaul82
i completely agree with you...not saying hes the right choice by any means. just that he will be the coach. I was personally hoping for Mike S.
shanahan will probably end up in dallas.

todd

I've said for years (and I'm a big Bucs fan) that:
a. Gruden did what he was hired to do: win a superbowl
b. No, it was NOT with Tony Dungy's team - if that was the case why didn't Tony win the superbowl with them (and I LOVE Tony Dungy).
c. HOWEVER, the superbowl win came at a huge price for the Bucs
d. Gruden's really not that great of a coach (look at his overall record, not just that 12-4 first season)

Well even if there are some growing pains with the coaching changes at least they will never suck-- and wear that creamsicle bucko bruce with the feather in the hat.

Tony Dungy,, great guy... but underachieved here and in Indy. That offense for 7 yrs and 1 superbowl appearance and multiple big game losses.. ?? that defense here for so long and no superbowls?? Underachiever as a coach.. but a class human being

Back