OT: Had 4 impacted wisdom teeth extracted today

ReefClownMIA

.Registered Member
ARG! I'm in pain.
This morning I had 4 impacted wisdom teeth extracted. Everything hurts ... and the hydrocodone doesn't seem to do the trick ... (at least so it seems) ... I haven't eaten anything but 2 tea spoons of pudding, and about 5-6 tea spoons of home made ice cream today.

yah, so far is no fun thats for sure.
I was supposed to have them removed 5 years ago, and found every excuse possible to not have it done ... but for the past 3 weeks life has been sucky with 2 of them coming in so far that I was chewing my own gums & cheek .... so out they came.

DId mine a few years back and hit all 4 as well. It wasn't so much the pain that bugged me but rather the nasty Gauze in your mouth all the time.
All I can say is Bacardi!

I know your pain. I had my done 10 years ago and I still remember the pain if like it was yesterday. It took a week for the swelling and pain to go away. The worst part is keeping it clean so no food get lodge in the pocket so it can heal. Speedy recovery.

Yah keeping it clean is very important. My dentist said to use my finger with toothpaste to massage around in the area and be sure its clean. Felt weird. I remember them trying to stretch my mouth open wider than it was able to go to get the tools in and the tooth out. YOUCH!

I had my impacted wisdom teeth taken out about 30 yrs ago. Every couple of years (to this day) I get a small tooth fragment that works its way to the surface. This hurts when it does.

Ouch, i guess i got lucky. I had all 4 of them out about 4 years ago too but my mom works at the cleveland clinic and hooked me up with one of the orthodontists there that do cosmetic dentistry. they knocked me out and i woke up thinking the didnt even start so i didnt feel or hear anything. pain was minimal i guess since i dont even recall pain now that i try to think about it. im sure i did have pain though for a couple days.

Mine was done by an Army dentist. Maybe that explains why I'm still getting pieces coming out of my jaw. All 4 at once (two were completely impacted). They did not put me to sleep for it. Another one of my wonderful Army memories.

Ouch, i guess i got lucky. I had all 4 of them out about 4 years ago too but my mom works at the cleveland clinic and hooked me up with one of the orthodontists there that do cosmetic dentistry. they knocked me out and i woke up thinking the didnt even start so i didnt feel or hear anything. pain was minimal i guess since i dont even recall pain now that i try to think about it. im sure i did have pain though for a couple days.

I was out as well. They administered the anesthetic and asked me to open my mouth to put a large rubber block in ... i remember trying to say something, but couldn't, was already fading out.
5 years ago when i skipped out on having it done, they wanted to use just gas, they said it was like being awake, but not feeling it ... i would head, and feed a little pressure ... i wasn't too cool with that.

I had mine out about 12 years ago and for pain they gave me oxycodone. It was then that I found out I am allergic to codeine - put me in the hospital with acute pancreatitis for a week!

I did mine, 2 of them, when I was 16. I had a bad reaction to the antibiotics (or the anesthesia) and I lost over 20 lbs in 1 week. Knowing now what I didn't know then, I was probably massively dehydrated, and should have gone to the hospital for I.V. Couldn't hold anything down, water, food, sprite, nothing at all. One of the most horrible experiences I've had.

OUCH...!!!!

I feel your pain had all 4 of mine removed about 15 years ago. Mine were impacted my gums had grown over them so, they literally had to cut pieces of my gums off. Unimaginable pain for almost a week. But, that wasn't the bad part of the deal... it was the nasty taste of gauze and the weird feeling in my mouth 24/7 until it healed, not to mention the noy eating part. I couldn't eat anything everything made it hurt.

GOOD LUCK...!!! BE WELL...!!! and ENJOY THE MEDS... WOOOHOOO...!!!!!!!

DiverJohn

I had 2 impacted removed Feb 4. Its going on 3 weeks and glad. Im down to 400mg of Ibuprofen 3 times a day, compared to 800 mg every 4 hrs. They had to chisell them out. I have them in a bag for the tooth fairy. Lol, I Still have that soreness like I got sucker punched. Atleast I dont have to worry about them anymore.

Last edited:
i had 6 impacted wisdoms under my gums :eek2: an extra set. think i was on hydro codein too, the mildest of that drug family. The worst part was all the bloody gause to be changed out. felt like i lost so much blood, i started collecting all my change outs in a big bowl. the look on my moms face when she saw that nasty bowl... priceless lol - course she made me toss it after i disgusted her.

uggg that sucks, luckly I had room for all 4 of mine and had all them all my life till about two months ago when one of them I broke about a yr ago started acting up when I went in for a cleaning....the dentist looked at it said what if I told you I could get rid of that in less than 5 minn and I said lets rock go for it ....a few minn later the broken one was problem no more and the other three have been perfect since

just rinse with saltwater non stop so you dont get any infection

I had mine removed in 2004, i went to my country to do the surgery since they were laying flat and i did't have dental insurance and the Doc was charging an arm and a leg.

I had two on my left side taken out because I had a pretty bad broken jaw, actually, the whole left side of my face was shatterred in a car accident. They needed to remove my wisdoms to put in some titanium plates. They never took out the two on my right side, I'm praying they won't need to.

Back