OT: Hollywood bowl concert

So my wife and I are going to see the Zac Brown Band this Saturday at the Hollywood Bowl. I have not been there in 25 years. Any tips or hints on the Hollywood Bowl? Mainly any tips on parking and how to get there? I am not sure if I should park there, I know it is limited, or to take one of the shuttle buses.

Parking is fine if you get there early but a horror getting out of there after the show. The shuttle buses are the same. It's pretty much what you want to wait for. Wait for the gridlock in your car or wait in line for the buses. Granted the last time I went was 5 years ago but it can't have changed much.

normally, I park a half mile-mile down at a side parking lot or the mall parking structure. it's easier to get out of and not to long of a walk.

Also, tons of people bring a bottle of wine and just relax outside of the bowl near the entrance.

I went about three weeks ago. I parked right out front. You have to wait for everyone in front of you to leave but it isn't bad. I just enjoyed spending time with my date in my car after the show. Definitely bring a bottle of wine, a blanket and some snacks. You can also rent a seat cushion for like two bucks. I think it'd be worth it.

take the shuttle and bring a cooler with wine and good eats. Im not sure, but it might be the only venue that let's you bring your own alcohol and food...which is why it makes it so great.

We go several times a year and always park inside. A bit of a wait to get out, but not really that bad.

Bowl

Bowl

Went last night and MANY MANY other sold out nights. We like to park just past the bowl on the right hand side. $40 for easy out parking and no need to wait till everyone leaves. I think it's best, but to each their own.

I am liking the idea of driving on my own and parking. Since I don't drink I don't have to worry about the bottle of wine. I don't think Zac Brown is exactly a wine crowd anyway, probably more of a Budweiser crowd. :rollface: Or maybe a margarita like Jimmy Buffet.

$40 to get out easy sounds like a good thing. I have to check out which lot that is.

Just passed the small hotels as you pass the bowl. Looks like a house on the right hand side. Look for signs that say EASY OUT PARKING. When you leave after the concert turn right on highland DO NOT ATTEMPT TO GO LEFT UP HIGHLAND PAST THE BOWL. Left again on Hollywood to catch the freeway. Have fun!

Reefinsocal, THANKS!!!

I don't know if I parked in the same place you talked about, but I parked at the American Legion hall. $40 which turned out to be that bad because it is $23 for parking at the bowl. Also it is tax deductible. The best part though was the guy at the hall. He stopped the people walking and found a break in traffic for us to get right out. It was awesome!

I messed up the turn for Hollywood blvd and went down to Vine. I think this worked out better because it looked like there was a ton of traffic on Hollywood and there was none on Vine.

The concert was absolutely awesome too. Only to be topped off by the fact that Zac Brown said that proceeds of the concert went towards a camp for kids with disabilities, specifically autism.

Back