OT: I'm getting an HTC EVO 4G Phone

Technology is getting ready to seriously take a change in the next year or so one of the big three companies is putting together the towers as we speak to offer internet access over WiFi where ever you go one act for everything all wireless according to a very good inside source (my good friend is heading up the project and in charge of all field work on the towers). The other two companies are doing everything they can to stall them and block them in court from even offering it. It will be kind of like satellite or the internet on your phone but you will need no card or dish to accomplish it or a separate account. There will be no need for sprint cards / air cards in your laptop or three online accounts (phone, home internet, laptop air card). Its going to be one price and will work for you anywhere you go on your laptop, phone, or in your home all wireless no extra equipment needed all one price 4G.

It will work similar to how things work now between a sim phone and a netbook laptop. Everyone knows dont you that you can take your sim card out of your phone that you are paying for internet access on and clone it onto a blank sim card then put that in your netbook laptop and then you have internet access on your netbook laptop without paying $60 a month extra for a separate account.

I got an Evo as well, and compared to my BB 8330 its the bomb.....

MRX, while not from India, my parents moved there for a couple of years for a position my dad took which involves moving manufacturing from japan to there. Anyway, long story short they have this type of universal wife in the big cities over there and it works much better than land line service. If you are correct, it will be awesome to have this S.FL.

After years and years of hearing about WiMax (it was deployed after the 2004 Tsunami in indonesia to restore communications, as well as in New Orleans after Katrina), it's nice to finally see it implemented commercially (4G is WiMax).

Absolutely agree. Has anyone found any good android apps for tank management? The only one that I have found was the the Neptune controller.

i found a bar code scanner that uses the camera to scan the barcode and gives you info on the product.. pretty neat

I'm have no problem with ATT and love my iphone 3G. But time has come and I'm allow to upgrade to Iphone 4. I'm going to pre-order mine on June 15th.

We'll see how long the Iphone wanna bees take to come up with their version of FACETIME...

Are you serious? Facetime only works iphone 4 to iphone 4 over wifi, how lame. The EVO's video chat works computer to phone, phone to computer, etc. No comparison.

Not saying the iphone isn't great, it is, but facetime is pretty lame.

I'm have no problem with ATT and love my iphone 3G. But time has come and I'm allow to upgrade to Iphone 4. I'm going to pre-order mine on June 15th.

We'll see how long the Iphone wanna bees take to come up with their version of FACETIME...

Don't forget the evo also has a front camera. I think iPhone users are used to being ahead of the tech curve, unfortunately for them now they are trailing. I wonder what will happen if Google ever says screw it, and stops development of their iPhone apps.

Honestly, the iphone 4g looks nice, and I am jealous of the battery life, but then again I can change out my battery and upgrade my memory. That being said we can go back and forth all day about your new iPhone versus my new EVO. We will both win, in our own minds.

isnt this website about reef tanks..lol
Nah i also have the evo and its awesome but battery SUCKS!!!!
The iphone 4 looks nice as well, the only thing is att is a little more expensive on their plans..

Lots of users are reporting much improved battery life with a few tweaks.

One requires rooting [simple], the other one is just that gtalk is running in the background, to turn it off, go to the htc evo forum on sprintusers.com for more info. [I havn't gotten mine yet].

Back