OT: Is there anything better than Chilaquiles

yay, multiquote...!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys are fat:)

yeah, but you're ugly...

DO NOT USE TOSTITO STYLE CHIPS... you have to use nice resturant style chips.. the thicker the better.

Mass Market chips will jsut trun into mush. you want them to be in-between with some soft parts and some crunchy parts... to add texture to the dish.

WUT!!!...???

who uses bagged up tortilla chips...? that's lazy and kind of narsty... oh wait... i just saw your pictures on your bike... i thought you were paiza...

I was already hungry before reading this post... now my innerds are eating themselves.

THANKS JEFF!!!!

this...

i just woke up, and now i know what i'm gonna make... mine are gonna kick more arse than anyone else's chilaquiles 'cause i'm gonna use fresh eggs from my gallinas... you guys don't know how much awesomer they are...

the best ones are always home made with fried homemade tortillas! and a bunch of onion and queso fresco ontop! with an over easy egg on top! lol best breakfast ever!
but if theres anything as good as it for breakfast nah! best lunch would be chiles rellenos!

this... cut up some tortillas into strips, and burn those suckers in some oil... i can only eat chilaquiles with refried beans... without them, it's hardly a meal...

I would like a Chilaquiles right now, but sadly - I do not have a mountainbike. :(

this made me ROFL!... well... i didn't really roll, i just layed there until my nephew asked if i was okay...

something like this Tanu. :D
SHE-LA-KEY-LESS

jaskl;jf;kasjfkasl;jfkasl;djfkl;sdjka

She only makes the red posole. But I hear ya on the pork tamales w red sauce. Yum indeed. How about that homemade champurrado with the left over tamale masa...that just completes the meal..dam, is it tomorrow yet..

OMG, i can't wait for the tamales in xmas time... oh mee sheezus...

i dunno about the champurrado though... that's gross... for some reason, i can't have that stuff... reminds me of birdsnest soup... guacatela...

thanks Drft...celebrating tonight since tomorrow is all xmas eve preparations and cooking and eating w family and setting up games for all my nephews so they aren't driving us nuts if it's 12 midnight yet..[profanity]..lol..

Last edited by a moderator:
it's your birthday blinding reef...???

i feel bad for you... one gift haw... sucks...

haberday!!!!

nah, not until manana bro..and yes it sucks but i've gotten used to it...it's cool..i just see it as a day to spoil my 5 nephews...i always say i have more nephews than snoop dog.."lookie here nephew"....
but yeah, let's get back on topic..hey jef have you tried cutting up tortillas in fourths and frying them in a pan to make the chilaquiles? now that's the og way of doing them and trust me, the taste is definitely worth the extra work..

nah, not until manana bro..and yes it sucks but i've gotten used to it...it's cool..i just see it as a day to spoil my 5 nephews...i always say i have more nephews than snoop dog.."lookie here nephew"....
but yeah, let's get back on topic..hey jef have you tried cutting up tortillas in fourths and frying them in a pan to make the chilaquiles? now that's the og way of doing them and trust me, the taste is definitely worth the extra work..

you guys cut them in quarters... those are huge fork fulls... LOL...

we cut them into strips... cut the tortilla in half, and then cut them into like 3/4" strips... then fry those dudes... i really want some now... too bad i'm gonna eat el pollo loco... fail...

you guys cut them in quarters... those are huge fork fulls... LOL...

we cut them into strips... cut the tortilla in half, and then cut them into like 3/4" strips... then fry those dudes... i really want some now... too bad i'm gonna eat el pollo loco... fail...

did i say fourths? i meant eigths...:fun5: :eek:

Corn tortillas cut into the strips u guys are talking about then fried and coated with brown sugar......best snack in the world.... I call them corn tortillas cut and fried then sugared......still working on the name.

Haha jefathome, you work at Hoag as well? :)

They are usually one of the best things the cafeteria serves. I just wish they made them more often!

Jesse

Back