OT: Lego Hogwarts Castle

SaltwaterNoob17

Wrasse Whisperer
So, I promised some TBRC peeps yesterday at the conference that I would post some pic of the Lego Hogwarts Castle that I have been working on. Before pics, a little background...

I started planning the Lego castle when I was 10. On my 15th birthday, I received my first bag of tan Lego bricks, and I finally began construction. I'm now 21, so Hogwarts has been in the works for 6 years (or 11) depending on how you look at it. Because of being short on resources (i.e., time, bricks, and cash), Hogwarts has taken me a lot longer than I would have thought. I planned to be finished by the time I turned 18, but I missed that deadline. No current deadline is set for its finish, but I plan to spend any free time this year trying to wrap things up, as I will be graduating from college and don't know where the future leads me quite yet. The majority of the castle is complete, though. The task that I started this summer is building a 2ft tall Lego cliff around the castle. For size reference, the castle is almost 4ft tall (not including the cliff), so it's pretty much a monster! :) Also, much of the interior of Hogwarts is accessible. The exterior walls remove for access to the inside. I've also wired many of the rooms with Lego 9V cables and LEDs, so Hogwarts lights up. :D

Time for the promised pics:

DSC02315-1.jpg

DSC01000.jpg

DSC01748.jpg

DSC01004-1.jpg

DSC01732-1.jpg

DSC03487.jpg

Wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing with us. You seem, to me, to be a very interesting person to know.

That's amazing but what will you do with it when it is complete? I can't imagine moving it around with you, or tearing it down.

From one of the peeps you promised to post...

That is amazing! The detail is just beautiful, love the Qidditch arena as well. I need to get one of your "No Trespassing" signs for my tanks!

Thanks for posting the pics, it's too cool. Keep us posted on your progress, would love to see the finished product as well (however long it takes you, lol!)

Thanks for all of the compliments everyone! :)

As to some of your questions...

@Maaka, I have the castle on portable aluminum carts with wheels. There are 3 carts that the castle and grounds fit across, and I can move each cart individually for transport, and then put them all together again. Right now, Hogwarts consumes my parents' dining room, but one day I hope to have a "Lego Room" in my future house and that's where I plan to put the castle.

@Markdiego, I have been to Legoland, but not told them about my Hogwarts. One day, I might submit some pics to the Lego magazine...

Wow! I thought my first edition Death Star, X-Wing, and Darth Vader's TIE fighter were huge, but they are nothing compared to that castle!!!!!

Wow! I thought my first edition Death Star, X-Wing, and Darth Vader's TIE fighter were huge, but they are nothing compared to that castle!!!!!

Currently accumulating a pile of drool on my shirt :ape: . Nice collection lol

Thanks. I still need the Imperial Destroyer and Millennium Falcon to complete my set though. Although that may never happen since my wife found out how much my "big stupid legos that are only for kids" are worth I might be strongly recommended to sell them.:mad:

Back