OT: Mountain Wingsuit BASE Jumping

Saddler

This is one of the coolest things I've ever seen:
http://www.biertijd.com/mediaplayer/?itemid=4262

My wife and I are thinking about trying to get into Death Camp this year to get some experience before attempting it with a wingsuit on a mountain:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=basejump

But the competition is fierce with 30+ applicants and only 5 spots. Does anyone know any local BASE jumpers? I'd like to get to know one since it would help my chances of getting into Death Camp.

Death Camp is Great! (just kidding, I have no clue) The jumping off the bridge part looks a little freaky lol!!

No thank you. I will pass. I would P*$$ my myself. lmao. one time I went bungie cord jumping and got the rope wrapped around my leg. trust me thats no fun. my daughter wanted me to go do that with her. NOOOOO thank you. If god wanted me to fly he would have gave me wings. God one screw up and your dead. Wow talk about trusting your self. I would be to scared and screw up and kill myself. nope .. just thinking about it scared the living peahbe jebbies out of me. sorry.

ooooohhh man i want to do that so bad with the wingsuit.

thinking to self (should i give up my tank and jump or keep my tank)....hhmmm keep my tank...lol..

looks a lot of fun. I use to date a girl that was going to eloy to get her skydiving lic. a few years back.

Thinking about it:
In one of Angelina Jolie's Tomb Raider Her & Brad Pitt (or their equivalent) did this off a skyscraper.

Want one, now...
... that being said, I remember whenthey invented this suit. The inventor said it was so quiet while flying. He said he once heard a mother talking to her daughter (on the ground below him) while hanging clothes up on a line. The guy who invented it is also dead now. I'd still do it though.

that looks very cool, I have paraglided off black's beach cliff's in La Jolla, California, was one of the best experiences ever, don't think I have the nerve to fly with a wingsuit though

Saddler, there is a reason they call it DEATH Camp.

I have first dibs on your reef stuff, when you perish in your horribly out of style wing suit!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11723520#post11723520 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by iboard2
Saddler, there is a reason they call it DEATH Camp.

that sounds like an important safety tip! :lol:

Back