OT/Night Critter Hike

Me No Nemo

Premium Member
Just thought I'd pass this along...it's a fantastic event held by Seminole County Natural Lands. I've been a couple times and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Great for kids! I think Amy's on maternity leave, but Jim or one of the others will be happy to sign you up. The Seminole Natural Lands program offers a wide variety of programs throughout the year and there are volunteer programs and wilderness cleanups for everyone interested in helping the environment.

March 13, Friday - Evening Critter Hike, What are the nocturnal critters that come out in the Geneva Wilderness Area at night? Find out in this night hike to be held at 7:30 PM. This is an interactive hike where you have the chance to hike the woods of Seminole County at night! Reservations required. Free. Call Amy Raub at 407-349-0959 or email at araub@seminolecountyfl.gov to sign up or for more information. The hike will last approximately 2 hours and will be easy terrain. Bring flashlight, water, bug spray and wear closed toed Shoes. Free.

Not sure...I do know some they aren't allowed on especially the owl prowls and such since they want to attrack the creatures and dogs would hamper that. I've taken my golden on several hikes in these areas and they are fantastic for that...just not sure if they are allowed on the organized ones. I'd give a call and they'd be able to tell you. Have fun if you decide to go.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14514411#post14514411 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by aliciajoshltjt
we camp out at the little big econ with our aussie a lot :)

Oh, wow...I have an aussie as well. They are the BEST dogs!

do you ever go to the winter park dog park? we are going to key west next week from sun-thurs but then my mgr at work is giving us his 4yr old male :). So then we will have a pair of them. Tell me about yours :)

Back