OT: Purebred Maine Coon Cat

dodgerblew

Team RC
Anyone here have one? We are hopefully adopting our first, a 16 mo old girl, in a few weeks. Would like to hear some feedback if you do on size, personality etc

They are known to have heart disease per my veterinarian. They are apparently really gentle cats with long hair. Lol. That's all I got before I was asked why I was asking when I don't have one...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Yeah, we are getting from a breeder and all her breeding cats and this was to be a breeder has been gene tested and ultrasound of the heart and are HCM negative

Yeah, we are getting from a breeder and all her breeding cats and this was to be a breeder has been gene tested and ultrasound of the heart and are HCM negative
Cool. Maybe you can hook me up. Lol. Always wanted one bit could never afford it. Lol lol. Jk

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

We aren't getting a kitten. I can't afford it either. She's 16 months and has food allergies to processed cat food. The breeder brought her in from Florida and now with the allergies doesn't want to use her in her cattery for breeding. The cat will do better on a raw food diet and our Persian has always been on a raw food diet. It's a good fit and the breeder is being very kind and letting us adopt her with no fees

Twister, my daughters cat from many moons ago
P1010040 (2).jpg

Looking online in Texas $1800 to $2500, nationally up to $5K. 5x more than we paid years ago. FYI there are all kinds of rules that apply and you have to go to an interview to make sure you are qualified to keep one. You are not allowed to become a breeder and why it is so heavily controlled.

Makes sense Alton it's a cash cat. Thanks for the numbers so you can get them cheaper in Texas...do you know why?

This is Valo my main coon boi... it's a rescued cat so it's a mixed coon. He's still young but sure they grow up to be chonky bois! :LOL:

Valo.jpg

Makes sense Alton it's a cash cat. Thanks for the numbers so you can get them cheaper in Texas...do you know why?
I have no idea, sorry. I am sure it is a supply and demand thing and all breeders stick together. We started in San Antonio with a breeder and they recommended one in Austin, she liked us so we where able to purchase Twister.

Well I may have misspoken I just found a litter between San Antonio and Austin and they are asking $3,750

Back