OT: Really???

lbheyman

So I looked at the little flag my son was carrying around and it said made in China. The least we could do is buy American flags that are made in America right???

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310079459.807582.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310079459.807582.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 0
They said on the radio a couple days before July 4 that 70something percent of all the patriotic products we buy are imported. Sad.

Try finding one that isn't made in China, I wasn't able to find one when I tried a while back. The US needs to get back to manufacturing and producing our own stuff. Globalization sounds great until you realize the world has a finite number of resources and therefore wealth. When 3rd world countries develop and industrialize, that is less resources/wealth available for us. The high unemployment is a perfect example. We sent our jobs oversees so now we don't have them.

New bridge in san fransisco is being built in China and shipped over. We don't even build our own infrastructure now.

You're right Mark but, if companies treat employees fairly, they don't feel the need for a union. Plenty of blame to go around. :)

Originally, yes, unions were there to look out for the workers. Then they became a monster fueled by greed. I knew a guy who worked for a carmaker here in the US. At that time, he was making $37/hr installing taillights in new cars. His benefits were crazy too. The union just kept pushing for more and more and more.

Wow, I wish my dad's union had paid $37/hr. I know other locals in other parts of the country paid pretty high for his same work, but down here, not so much. Luckily, he got a ton of overtime. When he had work..

Back