OT.... Reptiles

SVXH6

i was just wondering if anyone has any reptile equipment they can get rid of.. anything like basking lamps, heat rocks,wood pieces, heating pads, reptile substrate.. cant think of the rest of the items i will need.. a screen lid for a 55.. i am going to house a water dragon..

Just to make a suggestion... the ZooMed Repti Heat Cables cost the same as most heat pads but when you go to upgrade your tank you can keep using the heat cable instead of having to buy yet another heat pad. We have 3 lizards and each one now has these on their tank as we got tired of buying heat pads. :D

Link to cable

Also, I'm not sure what terrain the water dragons like buy if they come from a forrested type of environment much like our tegus, the mulch from the Harris garden stores is quite reasonable on price and quality.

We don't have any extras hanging around right now. It seems like we may actually need a few things ourselves. ;)

what substrate should be used for a Water Dragon.. i grabbed the wrong bag which was pine bark.. i went back and grabbed the Cypress mulch.. i was told to use this by a reptile store owner.. i picked it up at a garden store but it was kind of moist so i have it sitting in the sun to dry out.. what does anyone else use??(trying to save money)

Water dragon care

Here's a link I found to some care suggestions. In the substrate section they do mention cypress mulch being OK just NEVER cedar or pine mulch. My husband and I use the cypress mulch and actually put it in the tanks when it's still partially damp to help boost the humidity a bit.

Back