OT: sugar gliders

aykfc

About a year ago I rescued two sugar gliders from a neighbor because I knew she did not ever devote any time to cleaning them or getting them proper food. I am looking at adopting them out to a PERFECT home. I would like to charge an adoption fee as this will discourage random people taking them but this can all be negotiated. I love these guys a lot and will only let them go to the proper home. Before I let these guys go, I want to make sure you know what you are doing and how to take care of them. I do not mean to sound like a jerk, but I need to know these guys are going to the perfect home for them. They are a male/female pair. Supposedly both are fixed, but I would be surprised if the female is as this is a very dangerous operation for females. The female is quite friendly but the male can be kind of picky at times. It will take awhile for the gliders to warm up to you though, so you will have to take it slowly. If you are interested please shoot me a PM and we can discuss the details. I just want to make sure these guys go to the perfect home and get the care they need. I work at petsmart and have seen the worst in animal care. I try to rescue animals whenever I get a chance and get them as healthy as possible. These guys can be great pets for someone out there and I would like to find that person, no matter how long it takes. There is no rush to getting them a new home.

Suggies!! I've bred suggies for years, wish I could take these but if I bring home any more creatures my husband will kill me.

FYI, though, the female is 99% likely not fixed. I don't know a single vet in the valley who will perform a spay on a suggie, they only do neutering (males) because of the risks of putting suggies under anesthesia and the issues of dealing with multiple uteri (sp?).

I do know a few local reputable suggie people that may take them in - can you tell me what you're feeding and what type of a rehoming fee you're asking? Also, what color are they? I'd also recommend posting on glider central (sugarglider.net), its RC for suggie people and quite active.

They are the normal black and white. My neighbors boyfriend ordered them from florida... I know. She said both were fixed but I would be very suprised if the female is fixed. I am feeding them fruits and veggies. Strawberrys, blueberrys, collard greens, nectarines, peaches, and all sorts of fruits. I also give them gerbers baby food. I give them the turkey sticks and chicken sticks. They love it!!! Also, as a treat I will give them graham crackers from time to time and nuts. I am not really sure on the re-homing fee. It would be just the gliders I would be giving away. They need to go together, and if the people know how to introduce them properly to other gliders that would be best for them. Thanks for all your help sardonics, and if you know some people that would be great!!! I just want these guys to be happy and healthy in the best home possible.

I had suger gliders for yrs. I had two males both different in every way. I am a night owl so I would play with them at night. 1 I got when he was a weeee baby. the other was a juvinile and mean. I loved em. althou letting them loose in the house only mean my fruit was in danger of having little nibbles taken out of it.

I used to do a lot of exotic animal rescue. I took insome sugar gliders once & it took me almost a year to find them a suitable home. It seemed as if every idiot in the universe wanted them though. Good luck to you. They will be a joy to the right people.
Frizz

OK, so is it more dog, cat, rat, ferret, squirrel? How big are they? What do they eat? Do they bite? Kept in a cage? Where do they come from? I'm sorry, but i've never seen or heard of these things.
It looks like the Lemurs in the Madagascar movie.

They are marsupials actually. Need large bird cages and can bite VERY hard. My male usually enjoys playing and jumps on my hand and tries to bite it. They need fresh fruit and veggies EVERY day. Also, I will NOT ship these animals. I will do what is least stressful for them.

Back