ot- thank living sea's

69beetle69

i love give thanks to living sea's presentation yesturday. love the fragging. that was some thing new to me, also the glueing of my fingers.

since were on the subject, thank you living sea for ignoring me every time i visit your store lol

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14181543#post14181543 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by madadi
since were on the subject, thank you living sea for ignoring me every time i visit your store lol

haha thx from me too!! its ok id rather not have any of em annoy me trying to make a sale when im just browsing.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14181543#post14181543 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by madadi

Yeah from me too!!!

I thought the fragging presentation was very nice...I came home with a nice frag rock and learned how good the Julian Sprung glue was....it's like using a glue accelerator without really using one. Mike was very nice...so thanks to him and CMAS for setting this up. I'm glad Joe's son wasn't able to frag dad :eek1: wasn't for lack of trying though!!! Nice to see everyone again. My frag settled in and everything opened up just fine.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14181899#post14181899 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Bob60070
I have always had great service from Living Sea. Prices seem in line with other LFSs.

You mean high. $299 for a small green carpet kept under low light so it gets even more stress when you put it in your tank. Come on.

Bill

Wow I guess so e of you haven't watched bambi recently.

" if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all"

And people wonder why threads get closed all the time. This went from a thank you thread to plain out bashing in a hurry. If you don't like a store than don't go, it's that simple.

baby.gif

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14186348#post14186348 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by wld1783
You mean high. $299 for a small green carpet kept under low light so it gets even more stress when you put it in your tank. Come on.

Bill

I bought a green carpet anemone about 10 inches in diameter from them about a month and a half ago for $99 and it is still doing great.

All we are doing is thanking someone for opening up their place of business to us, we got to custom make our own frags on live rock supplied by Living Sea (the charge was minimum, he didn't make any money on it)....we had our choice of frag items to place on our rock, leathers, zoas and I got a nice frag of gorgonian too.
Again, if you think prices are too high...don't go. There were some very reasonably priced fish and frags and he extended a discount to us while we were there. I'd hate to see the electric and gas bill from these places, especially with the winter we've had.
At least I can look at what I'm buying and judge it's health, etc. You don't get that option with on-line purchases and when you factor in shipping and the risk you take, it evens out. I'll be honest, I'm not making the local guys rich, but I'd like to keep them in business. If they learn something by constructive criticism I'm all for it. Tell the owner, I think customers would like it better if they were acknowledged when they came in the store..."Hi, I'm So n So, feel free to browse and let me know if I can answer any questions or help you with anything." makes me feel my business is important but I'm not pressured.

baby.gif

Some people come off as if they prefer to be ignored or not bothered. often difficult for a store employee to pick up on the right vibe. Some people never give the right vibe.

If they jumped on you as you walked in the door, then you would be posting about about how pushy they are.

Living sea has been around for a long time, so they must be doing something right.

That's great that you had a good experience at Living Sea, unfortunately not many of us usually do. I live very close and need to drop in frequently for supplies. Yes, I'd rather not but do out of nessesity. Not all their employees are rude and ignore customers, just most. I was there Saturday, I asked 3 different employees for help to purchase a fish, I waited almost 20 minutes, they all disapeared, I walked out empty handed and unhappy.
I have to say it is out of the norm to experience good customer service at this store. This forum is for relating our views and discussing. If limited to only "good" reviews of Living Sea, this would be a very short thread.

I was not trying to bash the store. As said before they do have some good deals, prices aren't as ridiculous as some places I've gone and they have an amazing store to just walk around and look. I was just agreeing with the comment of being ignored. I have been in there practically waving money in their faces and received no help and after 25 minutes I just left. My sister lives 5 minutes from there so I do stop in there alot .

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14190771#post14190771 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Rod Buehler
baby.gif

Some people come off as if they prefer to be ignored or not bothered. often difficult for a store employee to pick up on the right vibe. Some people never give the right vibe.

If they jumped on you as you walked in the door, then you would be posting about about how pushy they are.

Living sea has been around for a long time, so they must be doing
something right.

Just to be clear.. not taking a jab at you madadi. I just liked the lil cry baby and had to repost with another point of view

Back