OT: Transferring Comp Files

Pufferpunk

I'm trying to transfer files from my old computer to the new one. The new one says I need a transfer cable to do this. Does anyone have one for me to borrow?

You can also use a external hard drive to save your files to or save them to a disk if you have a cd writer.

Meh,

cable can be a pita, IMO you will have a less stressful time if you use a thumbdrive or an external hard drive.

puff, you going tomorrow to midwest?

imma hack off those goochs for you, was there anything else you wanted from my tank?

I'm not sure if I have time for Midwest tomorrow. Am I on your way? I did save to a hard disc, I'm gonna fool with it tomorrow.

I'll come over and help you this week. Buy some blank disks and we will get everything moved over.

Jeff

I have a few flash drives and a 9pin to usb cable that makes it a snap to transfer anything over from old Pc's to new Pc's.I'm just a few miles away.LMK.

If you have a second plug on your hard drive belt cable on your new computer you could pull the hard drive from your old computer and plug it into there and run it as a "slave". The hard drive from your old computer will show up as a new drive if you go to My Computer and you can quickly transfer files that way.

Jeni,
If both computer have internet, you can share the folder of the old computer then transfer thru the internet directly to new PC. You don't need cable, disk or blank CD. Just go to the folder click properties then share. Go to new computer then you will see the folder of the old computer. Hope it help. I did this before long ago. I don't know it's still work.
MD

If you have a second plug on your hard drive belt cable on your new computer you could pull the hard drive from your old computer and plug it into there and run it as a "slave". The hard drive from your old computer will show up as a new drive if you go to My Computer and you can quickly transfer files that way.

+1
had gotten a new PC at work and this was by far the quickest and easiest way to transfer my personal files, music, Autocad settings, etc.

Back