OT xbox 360 need help!!!!

fragboy94

My dads friend got the red ring of death (3 red rings). I know there are som things u can do to fix it I just can't remember what.

Last edited:
No personal experience yet, as my 360 continues to do well (fingers crossed).

First try and check the easy to fix stuff:

http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/kb.aspx?id=907534&lcid=1033&category=hardware

How old is the unit? If it is still under warranty...and I have read that Microsoft has extended their warranty to cover the RRoD units...I would go have them do the repairs, though the turn around time is a bit slow.

I have heard of a number of do it yourself fixes that people have devised. They can be found all over YouTube. Again, I have no experience with any of them...but they are out there.

I know I heard somthing about wrapping a xbox in a moist towel and let it overheat or somthin like tht

Just mail it in. They send back a new 360, not yours repaired.

If you open it up to try n fix it, that voids warranty. Now you'll have to go buy a new 360.

I wouldn't call that wise, I'd call that being a quitter ;)

Why do PS3 owners remind me of Mac users?

I dislike mac and am a P3 and xbox 360 owner. I will have to say xbox seems to be much faster on online play. It also has more players so finding a game online is a little easier. But the P3 is FREE online, although the $50 bucks is not much for a year play online either. The thing I dislike is the $100 cost for the network hook up thingy can't remember what it is called but that is just a bunch of BS. If I was not a poor college student I would hook the 360 up also to online play. I think though I should be doing school work and studying rather then playing online all the time. COD is too addicting. :)

Too true logan, loved the games etc on the 360 but paying for online play, bunk and a consistent crash just makes it a pain.

Slober,i know what you mean about the mac user thing, only problem is I'm far from an apple fan and I look at 360 users the same way.when it works the 360 is a blast....when...I'd much rather just play instead of wait for system 2-3 to show up and then wait for the next crash...btw I've been without internet for almost a year and its absolutely killing me

Logan - No $100 wireless needed. It's free to just plug the CAT5 cable in (port already exists). It's only $100 for those that refuse to plug-in or for whatever reason can't do so. Besides, you don't want to be wireless for gaming online... it's slower.

I don't understand why so many people have trouble with their 360. I bought mine at 12:01am the day they were released, had the ROD about 6 months in, and haven't had a problem since. I usually don't turn my machine off, either. I might not play it for 2 weeks, but it's on that whole time. Knock on wood, but it's been like that for years without problem. In regards to paying $50 for 360 Live, it'd be nice if it's free, but it's fine with me paying $50, too. You tend to give away something for free when it's worth that much ;) I also use it for Netflix and Zune (streaming movies in higher definition than BluRay discs, BTW (take that "It only does everything" PS3... NOT! Sorry, BluRay discs = old technology). Not to mention it's tied into my home network so all my music, photos, videos, etc are available. Plus can watch TV thru it (take that Comcast!). The $50 360 Live saves me several hundred $ each year in reality.

true that henry i got mine a month after it came out and i have never had the ROD.

Last edited:
Back