Our First Reef Tank!!!

Britt&CodysReef

This is our very first ever reef tank!! Let us know what you think! Thanks!!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 0
Welcome to Reef Central!
Well it looks like you're off to a great start!

I jsut can't tell if those corals and such are real or jsut the back picture. haha.
looks like you're clowns are enjoying it. those zoanthids look liek they need a bit of light though. overall looks great!

Care to share some equip and livestock list?

The corals in the back are a background lol we are waiting on our t5 light strip to come available on a website, right now they are out of stock.We have a 55gallon tank with 2 power heads with a marine land 55 gallon pump. We have 20lbs of live rock and a lot of live sand. We have a lot of different things growing on our rock. We have a new addition two baby starfish that just popped up out of nowhere tonight!!! What kind of lighting do you suggest? If you have anymore tips please feel free to share we are brand new to the hobby!! Thanks!!

i like it. it's amazing how every tank you look at from the beginner to expert all have their unique personalities.

Looks good so far. It looks like you have a bubble wand in the back right side of your tank, if so I would get rid of it. You are going to get sick of cleaning the salt creep up on that side of the tank. They are better suited for freshwater tanks. You will get a million different answers on what kind of light you should get, so it's hard to give you any suggestions on which one to buy. Figure out what kind of corals you want to keep and research there lighting needs and go from there.

You'll also see a lot about protein skimmers on this website. If you're going to do corals, you'll probably eventually replace that Marineland with a skimmer.

hi welcome to the most addicting hobby out there!. im still pretty new to about a month into it and i had a metal halide light when i started. they are nice but i found the T5HO four bulb system with actinics really makes colors stand out. you'll find colors that you didnt know where in the tank before. so do some research and have some fun

light does depend on person to person, but overall IME, i wouldn't hesitate if somethign is a tad bit out of your price range. I have often had the experience of "why did i buy this piece of c!@p" you actually do get your money's worth if you do your research.

show us progess later! :p

Back