Teal and tricolor

IMG_0407.jpg

We call this one apple.

IMG_0404.jpg

With a hint of lime.

IMG_0411.jpg

Green leather (Not polyped out) and the tricolor

IMG_0408.jpg

Our cap. We have grafted a peice of purple cap.
Top view, the cap is over 12 inches and many layers.

IMG_0405.jpg

Front Right side view.

IMG_0412.jpg

Front right side further back with the pink pom pom

IMG_0413.jpg

Full view.

very nice .... your colonies look very healthy and grown out i like! also awesome growth on that cap

Very nice.... I seen some of the SPS trying to reach up toward the lights can you elaborate on that i was just wondering why.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9848391#post9848391 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Zoom
Very nice.... I seen some of the SPS trying to reach up toward the lights can you elaborate on that i was just wondering why.

Because they are photosynthetic. They are light loving. Light is what's for dinner.

Why wouldn't they grow toward their food source?

Pretty much every single coral that i have ever seen (and that has been a lot since i work at a LFS) grows up toward the light.

what kind of light set up do you have? i have a 75 with 2 250w MH just wondering if your running more light than me...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9849678#post9849678 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fload
what kind of light set up do you have? i have a 75 with 2 250w MH just wondering if your running more light than me...

We have 4 VHO's and a 400W MH

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9849231#post9849231 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by trottman
Because they are photosynthetic. They are light loving. Light is what's for dinner.

Why wouldn't they grow toward their food source?

Pretty much every single coral that i have ever seen (and that has been a lot since i work at a LFS) grows up toward the light.
I understand all of that :lol:
The colors are very nice and very good growth but
Some of them they are reaching for the light very intensively i don't know why .
I have grown SPS for years they will spread out more than just go straight up toward the light. I don't say is any thing wrong with them ,i just like to know how so i can do the same thing .
Mine is always running in to eash other.

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9851220#post9851220 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by corpsman
We have 4 VHO's and a 400W MH
Thank you that is the answer i was looking, you use high intensity MH .

Back