overflow box?

armison89

if i make an acrylic overflow box for the inside of my 135 gallon tank will i be able to attach it to my glass tank? if i can what would be the best way to do this?

I think g l a s s holes.com kits use the bulkhead to sandwich the back of the acrylic overflow box to the glass of the tank. You may want to look at a kit from them too as many people like them and their price may be reasonable close to the time/labor and headache of building your own.

i want an overflow thats 17" long. i looked a glass holes the 1500 gph is 12.25 long. the 3000 gph is 18.25 long.

Yes, you can... there are several ways to do it.

Drill a hole in the back wall of the box and use a bulkhead to secure it in place. This is how the glass holes boxes work.

If it's just a 3-sided box (i.e. no back wall), then you'd have to adhere it to the glass. Aquarium silicone could be used, as could most aquarium safe epoxies. Some are easier to use/apply than others, some form stronger bonds than others.

Get in contact with them. They will do custom work usually for no additional cost.

FWIW... I was in a similar position (wanted a box with specific dimensions) and contacted them about the possibility of building a custom box for me. They said no.

A quick email to them can't hurt, but I wouldn't assume/expect them to do custom work at this point. Not sure if it was my box dimensions, or if they were too busy at the time or what, but...

ok what im thinking is doing a c2c overflow with bean animal pluming. the tank is going to be a peninsula so i want to put the overflow on the short side that will be against the wall. i thinking of a box thats 17x5x8.

Yep. The inner box won't hold much weight, so there won't be much stress on the bond between the box and the glass. The outter box is a different story (unless you plan to support it somehow), so you'll want to make sure you have a good, strong, water tight bond there.

Back