Overflow cover

chrismck97

Help me
I ordered a 75 gallon tank from glasscages and it came with an acrylic overflow cover thats not attached to the glass overflow. Do i need to silicone it on to the glass part of the overflow or do i just put it on there with no silicone.

You don't want to permnently attach the cover,
you may need or want access to your plumbing at some point,
then you would have to cut the silicone out

I think your think of a top, im talking about a cover that doesn't go on top. In the pic its the black cover.

Attachments

• Untitled 0 00 00-01.jpg
    Untitled 0 00 00-01.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 0
Oh I see it's a black acrylic cover to hide the glass overflow?
So by not attaching it they made it optional for you, as to whether or not you want to cover it or not.

So if i want to cover it i have to silicone it in right. It would be nice to be able to take it out of the tank to clean the algae off once i get the tank up and running.

If you wanted to take it in and out when you need to,
You could use a magnet if it fits tight enough against the glass.
Or prop a rock against it when you rock scape.

So if i want to cover it i have to silicone it in right. It would be nice to be able to take it out of the tank to clean the algae off once i get the tank up and running.

does it snap into place? as long as it stays in place I don't think it wold be necessary to silicone.

does it snap into place? as long as it stays in place I don't think it wold be necessary to silicone.

It stays in place. I have to use both hands to pull in out. There is enough space in between the glass and the cover for water to go into it. Would that be a problem?

Back