Pacific Sun Pandora hyperion hybrid Fanclub

Hello.

As we not fallow all threads on forums all time please contact with us directly at service@pacific-sun.eu. It will allow us to answer all questions faster.
Please tell what overall lamp power You have set on application?
If it's lower than 100% sunset duration will be little shorter than You set in minutes as lamp will get 0% of channels power faster. For example if You set total lamp power at 80% it will decrease sunset duration for few minutes as chanels start to decrease power from 80% not from 100% and it takes lower time to reach point where LEDs are turned off but sunset duration is not end yet.

Best regards
Pacific Sun Service.

Hi Pacific Sun,

I run my lamp on 69% 8:30-4:30 on no programme just default with 240 minutes sunrise to sunset.
My question was at what rate does the percentage crank up on the lamp on 240 minutes so I can check my PAR is not too high.
My other question would be what time do I set the moon phase for and will it go dark like on Bali for one minute before coming on? cheers Miles

I just got my pandora fixture. Has anyone used 80/20 aluminum to hang the fixture. I think that would look quite clean. Otherwise I was going to install a track on the ceiling and run them up that way. Just figure I would ask.

not to hang - but to support on top of the tank - yes.

2016_07_10_Light_Frame_8.jpg

Hi , '
Is there a program that can open and modify the .pss files for this lamp?

I don't really find the bali or other par scenarios to fit my idea how it should look and and when =)
And since the lamp can't ramp the power up and down properly , i need to modify quite many timestamps.

i would really appreciate all help i can get.

Hi , '
Is there a program that can open and modify the .pss files for this lamp?

I don't really find the bali or other par scenarios to fit my idea how it should look and and when =)
And since the lamp can't ramp the power up and down properly , i need to modify quite many timestamps.

i would really appreciate all help i can get.

Text file editor.

Thanks for the answer, but that really didn't simplify the process [emoji23]

Couldn't find the logic, when opened with editor.

I'll do it in the program instead, slow and shakey, but at least I understand it.

It's all inline, hard to read, but values are time on, time off, and then each led power. Time on/off are in minutes starting at midnight, so 2:15 am would be 135.

Anyone have experience with the pacific sun T5 bulbs? How long did they last?
I ordered a set to try. Currently use ATI that last 8-9 months at 7 hours a day. The Pacific sun bulbs are 1/2 the price so if I get 6 months out of them.... I'll be ahead of the game. The spectrums look the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@przemek_pac

I bought hyperion s2 3 * 75w led + 8 * 54w t5.

I set the lighting hours last night. They worked on time today. It turned off at the hour it was supposed to close in the evening. After 1 minute they all worked again and did not stop. I can not connect with bluetooth to set it up. My aquarium is 1 day and I can not give the light I need for the diotomy.

In addition to the previous message, the front screen is in the on mode but the screen light is not lit

Hello
If you can connect with lamp - please use Default Settings button.
About backlight - be sure that three state switch on back side of lamp is in proper position(reset - backlight off - backlight on).
If it will not help, please drop mail to service@pacific-sun.eu - our team will assist you in that case.
Thanks!

Regards

Przemek

Anyone have experience with the pacific sun T5 bulbs? How long did they last?
I ordered a set to try. Currently use ATI that last 8-9 months at 7 hours a day. The Pacific sun bulbs are 1/2 the price so if I get 6 months out of them.... I'll be ahead of the game. The spectrums look the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that you should simply check their quality.
Everything depend from fixture and bulb type.
We have little different spectrum than ATI and we are using thicker layer of phosphorous inside bulb - so they are more efficient(brighter - so have higher PAR in first months) so some Customers reported shorten lifetime after 8-10 months than ATI.
But it depend from bulb model (3- phosphorous or 5-phosporous coating like in purple bulbs)
Regards

Przemek

Hi all,

I'm seriously considering the Pandora Hyperion on a 5x2x2 tank. I'm new to the hobby so pretty nervous about taking the plunge on lighting. I've looked at GHL Mitras, and the Geisemann Aurora, ATI Hybrid and now at the Hyperion. I'm aiming for a mixed reef tank initially but my ambition is really an SPS dominant mixed reef.

I'm looking at either the Hyperion S 3x145W + 4x54W T5 or R2+ 3x135W + 4x54W T5.

I've got a few questions I'd appreciate help with from users and PS.

1. Am I on the right track in terms of the model for my tank size and ambitions? Recommendations?

2. I understand there is a slight difference in the led wattage between these models and the R2 has white diodes the S doesn't. Are they intended for different applications/tank types or is it an aesthetic choice?

3. Are there any functional software, firmware or difference in features between the two models.

Ok, the final question is a bit more tricky. I know all products have a failure rate and sometimes there are teething problems. I have to admit I was worried about some of the issues mentioned in this thread. To complicate things I live in Australia. I can't just walk in to a local retailer and get support or have local warranty repair. So here goes:

4. Can I expect a quality product? Have issues been largely ironed out? Can I expect good customer support? Are you happy with yours?

Thanks, I know I have a bunch of questions so I'm grateful for your help.
485cb0596c49e7f7dc6b5571e369ccff.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Punchanello.

1 - Aesthetically, it looks like the best fit, yes.
It seems like your tank is just slightly too short in both length and depth for the 4 led panel version or the 8x t5 version. (unless you don't care if the footprint of the fixture is greater than the tank)

EDIT: Seeing as your tank will be positioned "traditionally" with the long side facing the wall, I would consider running the 8x t5 version and have the front side flush with the tank glass, and back side would be sticking out about half an inch over the tank. (Assuming you have left a small gap between the wall and the tank)
You would get more light spill this way though.

2 - I am running the S version myself (2x145W LED/ 8x39W t5, [tank is 40x30x20tall])
I have never experienced the R version, but I just cannot see it making a huge impact either way: Since you have the T5 to play with, any minor differences in the LEDs are almost negligible. (But this is coming from someone with 8x t5 and running the LEDs extremely low with mainly blues only. (see point 4 below) If you are to max out all the LED channels with "only" 4 T5, perhaps the difference is noticeable(?)
Someone else will have to chime in :)

3 - Don't know, but I cannot see why there would be any differences other than the obvious change in LEDs/different channels to play with.

4 - When I bought the lamp, there were no retailers in Norway. I contacted Pacific Sun directly and bought it from them. Great communication all the way.
Originally, I had a minor issue with one of the T5 relays. Pac Sun service answered my emails extremely fast, and we sorted out the issue almost immediately. I have only positive things to say about the company. 10/10

The fixture itself looks perfect in my opinion.

The SW has (had?) a few issues. Nothing major though, and they may even be sorted out now; I haven't updated the lamp in quite some time. I do not see the need for it as it does exactly what I want it to.

My only issue with the lamp is the fans. I have purchased top of the line equipment for the entire tank in regards to noise. From a few meters away, the system is silent... until the fans activate.
I guess this would be the same for any actively cooled fixture, and most people won't mind. I (the wife) do though.
I was planning to replace them, but they are so thin; the truly silent fans won't fit.
Because of this, I "have to" run the LEDs very low so that the fans aren't humming all the time. This is the only reason why I cannot say without a doubt that I would get the same fixture again.

Last edited:
Back