Paint for basement floor

MperRluvR

Has anyone with a basement tank or sump (or both) painted their concrete floor?

As irony would have it on the day my Hydros leak sensor arrived I decided to dump 20 gallons of fresh saltwater all over my basement. Ignored the laws of gravity and Murphy's and lost.

I have seen many epoxy type floor kits but was hoping someone had used and could recommend an "˜easier' approach as those look a little intimidating.

That stuff looks pretty good. As far as furniture/stands I am using PondShield for protection there.

Just wondered about protecting bare concrete from salt. Is it necessary? Is it achievable with a simple 1 part like Drylok (Like Ryan from BRS used on his 360) or do you have to go for a heavier solution like your link /epoxy of some sort?

Maybe anyone who has worked at an LFS, what do they paint the floor with? Most of them seem to have painted their floors.

You will want something to protect unfinished concrete. It may start spalling if you don't. The question is, what kind of quality finish do you want? Epoxies will give you a great looking very durable floor with more work and money involved. If you don't care much about looks, go with the Drylok, but you may need to recoat heavy use areas periodically.

You will want something to protect unfinished concrete. It may start spalling if you don't. The question is, what kind of quality finish do you want? Epoxies will give you a great looking very durable floor with more work and money involved. If you don't care much about looks, go with the Drylok, but you may need to recoat heavy use areas periodically.

Thanks!

Well I read the Drylok can and it said not for floors. I think that is more for liability purposes but either way I didnt go with it. They do make a floor version but they didn’t have it in store. After a lot of deliberation I went with Behr concrete bonding primer/2 coats of Behr ‘porch and patio’ enamel. Sticking pretty well so far. This is for a fish room so wasn’t concerned with looks, although it looks pretty good as is.

Back