Palytoxin - links to pet illness

samnaz

Are there any instances in which pet illness has been linked to palytoxin?

Long story short - my cat is sick. Our vet has ruled out all suspects (cancer/disease/infection) and insists, I mean INSISTS, his illness is a reaction to a toxin (for example, anti-freeze). The only cleaning products I own/use is White Vinegar or Clorox wipes and neither explain his sickness.

The only other toxin I can possibly think of is palytoxin.

I realize this probably is and sounds totally ridiculous - But I've been wracking my brain for days trying to figure out what's wrong with my cat, and at this point, this is all I can think of.

Can I rule out palytoxin?

If you have read or heard or experienced anything PLEASE speak up. I don't care if the evidence is nothing more than anecdotal. I am taking everything in to consideration at this point.

Thanks in advance.

(forgive me if this isn't the proper forum to post this in, I am new to this forum - pls move it to wherever is most suitable)

How do you think your cat may have been exposed to palytoxin?

Kevin

Unless you are boiling rock indoors with them present, I would be highly skeptical of Palytoxin being the culprit.

Unless you are boiling rock indoors with them present, I would be highly skeptical of Palytoxin being the culprit.

Agree - Also, even though the dose would be lower to effect the cat, I would guess you would be experiencing symptoms as well. Palytoxin is contained in the water column unless you aerosol the water column and are evaporating the water out like crazy. Then it becomes airborne. Hence the comment above. If this is occurring - I can't see how the cat got sick and you didn't.

Does the cat go outdoors? Any number of things can happen if it goes out. Anti freeze on the neighbors drive way, someone put out rat poison or for moles gophers etc.

Back