Paying it forward, backward, sideways, I don't know

Status
Not open for further replies.
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12870815#post12870815 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jennifer61577
I'll post picts as well tomorrow.

I also have some purple/bright green pocilicopora (sp) and a couple of soft corals (pink) and a few others.

Yes, yes... I need a MUCH larger tank. (working on that)

If no one has taken you up on you offer I will take you up on the soft corals as long as its not something I already have.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12870493#post12870493 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mcliffy2
Thanks for starting this up. I still havent heard back from Boyd, but I'll email him again to sticky this thread instead.

To chip in, I've got a Tyree Flower Petal ready to frag (lineage is from Menard), heading to bed now, but I'll post more details tomorrow. I'd like it to go to someone who has had some success with SPS (say 6 months).

So here is a pic of the Tyree flower petal back when I got a frag of it. First one to PM, who has (a) had some kind of SPS for 6 months-ish and (b) comes by within 48 hours gets it. (I've had too many times where ppl say yea, I'll come, many times, then never show....in fact I still have a lot of those frags (in next post).

IMGP1774.jpg

And... I don't want to alienate the SPS newbies :) So I've got some beginner SPS for anyone who has appropriate light, flow, and parameters. Available are orange and green monti cap frags and a green digi frag. Same deal, first to PM and come by within 48 hours wins it.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12872696#post12872696 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mcliffy2
And... I don't want to alienate the SPS newbies :) So I've got some beginner SPS for anyone who has appropriate light, flow, and parameters.

how does one monitor this?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12873946#post12873946 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by little_squid
how does one monitor this?

I am guessing we go off the honor system. Ask a couple of questions and hope we aren't being lied to.

I have some beginner/lower light corals if someone is interested.

Frag of 10 big brown/green palys with white speckled base and a frag with 1 blue shroom on rubble.

Take one, take both, free. I am near Fox Valley Mall.

Thanks to SlowCobra for the Morningstar Monti.....the polyps are out already...:D

Now it's my turn for anybody willing to venture a bit to the south....I don't do named corals....well, I take that back...I have some, but I never remember what they are supposed to be called. Your choices are 1) deep green acro...it's encrusting nicely on a large 1 1/2" frag plug. 2) green Pavona cactus fully encrusted on a smaller frag plug. or 3) blue/purple with reddish polyps plating Monti again, fully encrusted on a smaller frag plug....take your pick...same as earlier in this thread...first one to claim it here and semd me a PM gets their choice.
2008-07-03004-s.jpg

2008-07-03003-s.jpg

2008-07-03007-s.jpg

I have some green mushrooms that dull out a little bit when they open. If you keep them in high flow and high light they open less and hold their green color. I have about 5 and could spare some anthelia and maybe a purple mushroom or 2. I also could spare a handful of chaeto. They are all hardy corals that are great for begginers and almost impossible to kill.

thanks to JIMMY starting a great thread. i have a few softies i can give 2 piece of green star polyp 3or 4 inch long.

I guess I am wrong, but I thought the way they were doing it was passing frags around, and once they grow long enough to frag, that person frags it and then passes it on to the next person who then grows it a little and frags for his/her tank and so on and so on. Has anyone heard of that or did I read it wrong.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12879079#post12879079 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Compguy
I guess I am wrong, but I thought the way they were doing it was passing frags around, and once they grow long enough to frag, that person frags it and then passes it on to the next person who then grows it a little and frags for his/her tank and so on and so on. Has anyone heard of that or did I read it wrong.

Sorry, that is wrong. One can accept a frag, then they have to offer up a frag from their tank to some one else. It doesn't matter what kind of frag, but to accept one you have to offer one up.

ya thats cool, I understand that, just wondering if anybody had heard of what I was talking about, not biggie, like I said before, its great and I hope to be a contributor when it comes around my way, good job.

This is a very nice gesture and a practice friends and I have done for sometime. Through a club members request, this page has been stuck at the top of your forum.

Best of Luck...
Ed Kruzel
RC Moderator

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12879451#post12879451 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Compguy
ya thats cool, I understand that, just wondering if anybody had heard of what I was talking about, not biggie, like I said before, its great and I hope to be a contributor when it comes around my way, good job.

That is how the BAReefers are doing it. And I think it should be more free form...if you have a frag to offer then I think offering one right away is encouraged. If you dont have anything to offer yet, you can still get one as long as you agree to contribute as soon as you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back