Paying it forward, backward, sideways, I don't know

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 things....

1 - mcliffy, your mailbox is full.

2- What does that coral look like and what kind of coral is it?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12879451#post12879451 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Compguy
... like I said before, its great and I hope to be a contributor when it comes around my way, good job.

And you are - Thanks for the pulsing xenia. That's a great looking frag - four stalks not counting the fact that the stalks are branching already. It arrived home looking really nice and was pulsing in the bucket before I could even get the drip line going!

So... At this point we owe. As noobs, our first goal is to populate our tank so we don't really have anything to offer yet. But perhaps if our yellow Fiji leather outgrows it's location it could be a candidate. Another would be the spaghetti leather.

And perhaps before too long, some pulsing xenia, but on that account compguy already has a lot more he wants to get rid of.

thanks,
hank

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12889011#post12889011 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by khanb31
2 things....

1 - mcliffy, your mailbox is full.

2- What does that coral look like and what kind of coral is it?

I'll clear it out...I'm away from home til later this evening.

I posted a pic of it back on the first page :) its a plating green monti with bright blue polyps...heres another pic from original Tyree colony:

limited_montiporaflowerpedal_colony.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12879583#post12879583 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by EdKruzel
This is a very nice gesture and a practice friends and I have done for sometime. Through a club members request, this page has been stuck at the top of your forum.

Best of Luck...
Ed Kruzel
RC Moderator

:beer:

I just got back from Mike's (mcliffy2) and brought home frags of his Tyree flower petal monti and his "antifreeze acro". Some time in the next couple days, I'll try to post some pics of frags I can offer up.

It would seem as though the original frag that started this thread is once again available. The person who originally wanted it is unable to pick it up.

So, who wants it?

I'm going to try and post an html table of the status of all frags available and given out. Please PM me if the status of your frag needs updating (i.e. you have given/received a frag that is still listed as available).

Generation One
Current Fragger Future Fragger
Superman Montipora jjjimmy AVAILABLE
Kenya Tree khanb31 AVAILABLE
Morningstar Montipora SlowCobra JGLeach
Kenya Tree mario4254 AVAILABLE
Purple-rim Monti Cap Jennifer61577 AVAILABLE
Tyree Flower Petal mcliffy2 renisel
Purple/Green Pocillopora Jennifer61577 AVAILABLE
ORA A. Horrida ReefKeepersCorner AVAILABLE
Orange Monti Cap mcliffy2 khanb31
Green Digitata mcliffy2 khanb31
mcliffy2 Antifreeze Acro mcliffy2 renisel
Forest Green Monti Cap mcliffy2 khanb31
Green Palys harv1324 AVAILABLE
Blue Mushrooms harv1324 AVAILABLE
Deep Green Acro jgleach AVAILABLE
Pavona jgleach AVAILABLE
blue/red encrusting monti jgleach AVAILABLE
Green Mushrooms Blue Mushrooms AVAILABLE
Green Star Polyps chilired67 AVAILABLE
Pulsing Xenia Compguy HankB

EDIT: Its not coming out that nice, but better than nothing - a webpage with the status of all frags posted here is in the works.

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12894171#post12894171 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mcliffy2
I'm going to try and post an html table of the status of all frags available and given out. Please PM me if the status of your frag needs updating (i.e. you have given/received a frag that is still listed as available).

Generation One
Pavona jgleach AVAILABLE

EDIT: Its not coming out that nice, but better than nothing - a webpage with the status of all frags posted here is in the works.

That is above and beyond the call. I for one want to thank your time and great participation in this thread.

I really hope that we can keep this going because I think that it could be a really great thing for everyone from newbies to the most advanced hobbiest here.

No problem, I think there is some real enjoyment had from knowing your corals are growing in others tanks. I know the frags i gave away came from Menard, Sullyman, and Newschool, and I'm happy to pass them along. At some point I'm going to try to make frag "family trees" if this gets going.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12894171#post12894171 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mcliffy2

Generation One
Pavona jgleach AVAILABLE

I don't know what your experience level is, but, while I'm no expert, I do have some knowledge of HTML and a variety of scripting and other languages. So if you want some help, I'd be happy to put in a little time on it. I think it would be nice to have a feature that kind of keeps "score" for each participant, tracking the number of frags given away vs. the number received. That would lend a little more oversight than a simple honors system.

I don't know what your experience level is, but, while I'm no expert, I do have some knowledge of HTML and a variety of scripting and other languages. So if you want some help, I'd be happy to put in a little time on it. I think it would be nice to have a feature that kind of keeps "score" for each participant, tracking the number of frags given away vs. the number received. That would lend a little more oversight than a simple honors system.

I like this idea!!!! Thats very nice of you to do that!!!!

I have done a fair bit of HTML, but any help is appreciated :) I think the idea is to hopefully have a webpage that tracks what has been given, and what is currently available. I haven't found a way to insert html in RC messages, have you? (I have a program that converts excel tables to html, so getting an html table is not a problem). Sent you a PM.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12895706#post12895706 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mcliffy2
I have done a fair bit of HTML, but any help is appreciated :) I think the idea is to hopefully have a webpage that tracks what has been given, and what is currently available. I haven't found a way to insert html in RC messages, have you? (I have a program that converts excel tables to html, so getting an html table is not a problem). Sent you a PM.

If the server it's hosted on has any kind of scripting and database capabilities, it shouldn't be too difficult to set it up to be quickly and easily updated, searched and sorted, possibly with pictures of the frags included.

I can add to that. Pink Pulsating Xenia, GSP, and Anthelia. All Free to a good home, always ;)

When I first started int his hobby, someone gave me Xenia for free, I have given away about 8 frags of it so far, and am more then willing to continue to give it out to new hobbiests or anyone interested in trying some.

I see a few people have monti caps on their list. I would really like to try a couple of those. Anyone in the NW burbs around the Crystal Lake/Cary area? I can offer a trade if wanted!

Steri - thank for posting. make sure and PM me when people pick up your frags, so we can give you credit and keep track of your frags as they travel throughout chicago. Sent you a PM re: monti caps.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12897818#post12897818 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by steri
I see a few people have monti caps on their list. I would really like to try a couple of those. Anyone in the NW burbs around the Crystal Lake/Cary area? I can offer a trade if wanted!

I have a few different monti caps that I could frag (orange, tan with purple rim, green with blue polyps, possibly purple) and I should be up in Crystal Lake in a couple weeks. I should warn, though, that I did have monti-eating nudis in the past. I haven't seen any sign of them since I got a couple wrasses a few months ago, but I can't guarantee that I don't still have a few.

Well, I am going to be picking up a coral from jjjimmy, so I in turn am offering up a frag of teal candy cane LPS.... It has atleast 8 heads on it.

I'm in streamwood.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back