Paying it forward, backward, sideways, I don't know

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjjimmy

Premium Member
One of our beloved local reefers was very kind to me with several frags that I was looking for and wanted nothing in return. To keep the good will to all hobbyists going I am going to start something that has been talked about for a little while here.

Pay it forward

I am starting this with a frag of my Superman Monti. The first person that reply's to this thread that states that he/she wants it is free to come and get it. All that I would ask is that you offer up another frag to some one else (value does not matter) and lets try to get this going in Chicagoland and show those west coast people that they are not the only ones that can "pay it forward"

Jimmy

Ill join in.

Free to anyone who wants it.

Kenya tree frags
a SPS that has a cream colored skeleton and brown small polyps.

I will help this along. For those on the SouthSide I offer up a small frag of Morningstar Encrusting Montipora.

Please do not take this if you do not have the proper setup. There was a thread recently about someone that was improperly setup for SPS but because it was free they took it and subsequently killed it. Don't be that guy. If you are that guy... well don't be that guy. :lol2:

The frag is in the front of the larger piece. Post here to lay claim to it and PM me for arrangements to pick it up.

100_1167.jpg

I would really like that Morningstar but I never head to that area.

I also have a bunch of SPS frags that I will offer up, let me get some pictures in the coming day or so.

(grinning) I have a lovely purple edge plating monti. I also have two other sps frags. One of them is a fuzzy neon green one and the other is a red/orange plating monti. When I say frag, I mean no less than two inches each way. Darn things grow like weeds.

I do have redbugs though. I'm killing them slowly... Oh so slowly...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12868404#post12868404 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SlowCobra
I will help this along. For those on the SouthSide I offer up a small frag of Morningstar Encrusting Montipora.

Please do not take this if you do not have the proper setup. There was a thread recently about someone that was improperly setup for SPS but because it was free they took it and subsequently killed it. Don't be that guy. If you are that guy... well don't be that guy. :lol2:

The frag is in the front of the larger piece. Post here to lay claim to it and PM me for arrangements to pick it up.

100_1167.jpg
If the morningstar isn't spoken for, I'll take it. I've got a couple frags that I can offer up to the next guy, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow for pics.

Jeff

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12869913#post12869913 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SlowCobra
And the winner of the Morningstar is JGLeach.

Thanks Todd....The rest of you southsiders keep an eye out sometime tomorrow...

Jeff

Thanks for starting this up. I still havent heard back from Boyd, but I'll email him again to sticky this thread instead.

To chip in, I've got a Tyree Flower Petal ready to frag (lineage is from Menard), heading to bed now, but I'll post more details tomorrow. I'd like it to go to someone who has had some success with SPS (say 6 months).

I'll post picts as well tomorrow.

I also have some purple/bright green pocilicopora (sp) and a couple of soft corals (pink) and a few others.

Yes, yes... I need a MUCH larger tank. (working on that)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12870493#post12870493 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mcliffy2
I'd like it to go to someone who has had some success with SPS (say 6 months).

LOL... Look at what I started!

(Smiling) I need to get to bed!!!

It is nice to see such a great response to this this time. Remember, when you pick up a frag from some one post here on what you are offering up for the next person.

Also as has been mentioned above, please only accept corals that you are capable of keeping alive.

so now whoever picks up the morningstar will post what they are offering and then whoever excepts that will post, I've been hearing about this and glad somebody has started it up, I am definitley in and have some stuff to offer, but I will wait till it comes a little closer my way, Joliet is far for me, good job everybody and hopefully this will stay going in a positive way.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12871446#post12871446 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Compguy
so now whoever picks up the morningstar will post what they are offering and then whoever excepts that will post,

That is how it is supposed to work. Now lets keep it going!!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12871446#post12871446 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Compguy
so now whoever picks up the morningstar will post what they are offering and then whoever excepts that will post, I've been hearing about this and glad somebody has started it up, I am definitley in and have some stuff to offer, but I will wait till it comes a little closer my way, Joliet is far for me, good job everybody and hopefully this will stay going in a positive way.

Hi Compguy - I got your PM but cannot reply due to a full PM box. This weekend should be fine and I'll phone first.

Thanks!

-hank

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12871384#post12871384 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jjjimmy
It is nice to see such a great response to this this time.
+1.

To keeps things on a higher note, I will offer a frag of O.R.A. horrida to
a qualified( ;) ) individual.

p.s. I love the title.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back